Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Passed the panel - now for fitness test?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passed the panel - now for fitness test?

I am scheduled for a fitness test in a week. It's an obstacle course with 3 hurdles, 1 low crawl hurdle, 2 sets of steps, a chain link fence, window, 150lb dummy drag and ditch jump, and 3 laps, which has to be done in 2mins 6 secs.

So question is, do you guys have any training advice? I've been running and doing a bootcamp to prepare.
    Do you have any advice about the course itself? The area I seem to have the most trouble with is the window- since I'm a shorter female, it comes up to my chest so it's hard to get through quickly.

Thanks guys.

2:06 is a long time to do what you wrote. If your in decent shape you'll be fine. Just make sure to use your legs when dealing with the 150 pound dummy.

Comment

Keep in mind the fitness test is merely the minimal physical fitness requirements. You should endeavor to be in the best shape possible, not only for the academy but for the job. The necessity for fitness does not diminish after the academy, in fact, I would argue it increases. Remember that just because you catch the perp that's running from you, the fight isn't over. You need that staying power. My biggest pet peeve on this job is officer's who don't maintain their physical fitness. Not only does it jeopardize their safety but also the officers they ride with. Don't be that guy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3593 users online. 208 members and 3385 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X