X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PhilipCal
    replied
    Originally posted by Country_Jim View Post
    My department hired two ex-gang members, both times it bit us in the a**.
    I hear the Bat Cave....."Conservators of the Peace" are cranking up a Gang Unit. They could probably use some Gang bangers.

Leave a comment:

• Country_Jim
    replied
    My department hired two ex-gang members, both times it bit us in the a**.

Leave a comment:

• Ramiro88
    replied
    Interesting, I never knew about the rampart scandal until now. Informative and yet very concerning how certain people give in to the temptations of making easy money when in direct conflict of upholding what they stand for.

Leave a comment:

• CCCSD
    replied
    And a whole bunch of bangers who should NOT have been hired... Rampart. OPD. NYPD/DOC, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Ramiro88
    replied
    Thank you for your response guys.

Leave a comment:

• PhilipCal
    replied
    And, there^^^^^^^is your answer. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    Originally posted by Ramiro88 View Post
    I was informed by a recruiter to speak to my investigator and they would advise me but I do not have one yet. .
    If you were advised by the recruiter FOR THE AGENCY YOU ARE IN PROCESS WITH to speak with an investigator about it.........I would wait until you have an investigator and speak with him/her about it.

Following directions is part of the hiring process.

I know a couple ex gang members who have made it into Corrections & Parole/Probation. AND have thrived. I am sure there are cops out there too......................................just remember you might have a bit of a hard time in the Background phase

Leave a comment:

• Ramiro88
    started a topic past affiliations

past affiliations

Hey guys, just a question. Wanted to know if one having a past affiliation with a gang disqualifies you from becoming an nypd officer? Don't want to get into a back and forth argument or disrespectful quarrel but just wanted to ask. I have been scheduled for the medical exam and I did state it on my application but I would like to know if im wasting my time going through with the process or if i have a chance. I have no misdemeanors or felony convictions, just as a younger individual got mixed in with the wrong crowd. I was informed by a recruiter to speak to my investigator and they would advise me but I do not have one yet. I wholeheartedly want to pursue this career and I just want to know. I do not want to appear with my money orders and pay to just get told no and having lost money. I just want to save myself from the hassle if there has been anything similar to my situation because I haven't seen a forum on this topic.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3538 users online. 206 members and 3332 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X