300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former employer

Hi I work on a campus and it is a requirement to hold a government clearance to access certain areas on campus, as well as take on new responsibilities. Under FOIA I was able to acquire my background and I noticed a former employer lied on a statement regarding my work history saying I constantantly complained about working on weekends and I was untrustworthy. Also said employer suspected I was untruthful about serving in the military. I intend to break into municipal LE as well, do you think this guy has ruined my career aspirations?

you got hired where you are working now didn't you?
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I did. But the extra clearance helps with promotions because only Sgts and above can access certain areas and it is a perquisite to those positions

Comment

So, were you denied?
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

People can say anything they want to a BI. Perhaps he was correct...
          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

I wasn't. I just caught a wild hair because this guy was lying about me

Comment

He seems to be positive, and he WAS your boss. He would know...

Comment

BIs are usually pretty smart creatures. When an employer bad mouths an employee they usually do two things. First, they look in the employee's personnel package to see if the alleged misconduct was ever documented and if so, what disciplinary or corrective action was taken. Next, they talk to coworkers and other employees and ask for their evaluation not only of the employee, but of his relationship with whoever bad mouthed him.

If the employee has satisfactory to above standard performance evaluations, there is no mention of the alleged misconduct or corrective action in his personnel file, coworkers and other supervisors have no knowledge of the alleged misconduct or state the person making the allegation has a hard on for the applicant, while mentioned in the background, the derogatory information is usually written off as bull sh*t.

It should also be noted that categorizations such as complaining, untrustworthy, etc., are personal opinions. As such people are free to express them and there is nothing you can do about it.
                Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Got it. It's really a game of he said she said and the investigators job is to look at the facts too .as you said personnel and co-workers statements.

Comment

So he was correct then.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3692 users online. 194 members and 3498 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X