Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Invited to take Septa Police Test! Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invited to take Septa Police Test! Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

All of my questions were answered via private message!
    Last edited by AnthonyL1991; 07-03-2016, 01:34 AM. Reason: Questions Answered

Your chances haven't changed from before

http://forums.officer.com/t196831/

as for the department specific questions-------------you should ask them in the state forum for that department

Most of us on here have no idea where SEPTA is
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
      Your chances haven't changed from before

http://forums.officer.com/t196831/

as for the department specific questions-------------you should ask them in the state forum for that department

Most of us on here have no idea where SEPTA is
      My apologies, I didn't know how to find an old thread. It wasn't well written or informative enough in my opinion anyway. The reason I posted this was to get opinions on debt consolidation and the other two questions in my mind that I didn't cover in that thread. Septa is a Mass Transit Police Department in Philadelphia.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyL1991 View Post
        My apologies, I didn't know how to find an old thread. It wasn't well written or informative enough in my opinion anyway. The reason I posted this was to get opinions on debt consolidation and the other two questions in my mind that I didn't cover in that thread. Septa is a Mass Transit Police Department in Philadelphia.
        Unless you're working with revenue I dont believe that credit comes into play at SEPTA. Go down to the Pennsylvania forum as there are some SEPTA cops who post there.
        I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Yes, Go to the Pennsylvania police forums, there is entire thread devoted to SEPTA police there. Ill be there to take the test with you in Feb, good luck!!!!

Originally posted by AnthonyL1991 View Post
          Everything below is assuming I do exceedingly well on the written test!

My credit is bad, plain and simple. This is due to a past issue with SSD, a car repossession, an unpaid cell phone bill, and secure credit card. The SSD is an issue linking back to my parents that caused me to fall in to debt and I have been on a repayment plan for years. However, the car, phone, and unpaid credit card are within the past six months because on non-payment from no savings or work. I'm going to meet with a lawyer this month and file bankruptcy to erase or consolidate my debt to one payment.

My first question: What are my chances of being hired?

My current level of fitness exceeds the physical requirements listed. I'm currently attending college in pursuit of an Associates degree to meet the minimum credit requirement for many departments. My work history is great! In fact, my most recent boss was the Deputy Chief of the PPD before retiring and will vouch for my work ethic. My current position is at a local Uniform Store that serves various Police, Fire, Prison, and Security departments. Becoming a police officer is not only a career, it is a passion. I will do everything within my means to obtain this position.

My second question: Who handles the background investigation?

Will it be my recruiter or an outside entity? Other than honesty, is there anything I can do to lessen the blow of my bad credit?

My third question: Does Septa Police have any type of shadowing program?

Even though I see Septa Police on a daily basis at work, it would be great to be able to shadow an officer.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5288 users online. 304 members and 4984 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X