300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would it be ok to make a call to HR?

I met with the hiring board two weeks ago and was told I would hear something by the 12th (I am all done with the hiring process). Would it be inappropriate to call since I have heard nothing? or should I just be patient?
    Thanks.

They will call you if they are ready to hire you
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

You Still Have A Long Way To Go

Here’s how it works with most west coast agencies.

When you say hiring board I assume you meant oral panel. If you passed the oral, your written and oral scores will be combined and your name will be placed on an eligible (hiring list) list. Applicants are then processed in the order of their combined scores (highest first, next highest second).

Government agencies are only budgeted for a specific number of people, so someone cannot be hired from the list until a vacancy occurs. When they might get to you will depend on where you are on the list, how long the list is good for and how many vacancies they expect to fill during the life of the list.

For example, if you are number 20 on a list that is good for two years and they expect to hire 40 people during the life of that list, they will probably get to you in about a year. OTOH, if they only expect to hire five people during the life of the list, odds are the its will expire before you are reachable and you will never hear from them again.
      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
        They will call you if they are ready to hire you
        Exactly.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3585 users online. 166 members and 3419 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X