300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another "would you hire me"

Hi, I'm new here and being a police officer runs in my family, if I were to become a police officer I would be fourth generation.

Anyways,
    I was curious if you would hire me based my past

Currently volunteer firefighter in state of New Jersey (went through the academy)
    Going to EMT classes from fall to winter to get my EMT-b license
    Finished high school with 3.44 gpa, finished my first semester at a 4 year college with a 3.94 GPA
    Received a civil service award for assisting a police department, basically a guy drunk out of his kind passed out at a stop sign and I managed to take his keys and give primary care while I waited for police and was recognized for it
    Never received a ticket although I have been pulled over once
    Never been suspended from any school for any reasons (of course had detentions in high school for stupid things )
    Overall, I have a pretty strong work ethic and would say I'm highly motivated

Hypothetically based upon getting my EMT-B and completing a 4 year degree (criminal justice I know a dime a dozen degree but I'm not strong in my math and sciences) do you think I have a good shot? I also am slightly overweight but have been losing significant amounts of weight while working out lately and eating much better

sounds like a mediocre candidate to me.........................

No degree (as of yet)
    no real job experience (at least listed)
    overweight (as of this writing)

Just nothing that really stands out...............The Volly FF is a small plus but not outstanding
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I work every summer with my friends construction company and have maintained that since about Freshman year in high school, what would I need in order to help me stand out ?

Comment

Originally posted by Hlaverty06 View Post

Hypothetically based upon getting my EMT-B and completing a 4 year degree (criminal justice I know a dime a dozen degree but I'm not strong in my math and sciences) do you think I have a good shot? I also am slightly overweight but have been losing significant amounts of weight while working out lately and eating much better
        You've got as good as shot as anyone else with your background.

It's easier to do things or not do things to make sure you never become a cop. Being a cop takes a little bit of something you're born with a little bit of everything else.

From what you stated, you've said nothing that would DQ you. With that said, the rest is up to you. How bad do you want it?

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
          You've got as good as shot as anyone else with your background.

It's easier to do things or not do things to make sure you never become a cop. Being a cop takes a little bit of something you're born with a little bit of everything else.

From what you stated, you've said nothing that would DQ you. With that said, the rest is up to you. How bad do you want it?
          Only thing I've ever wanted to do, can't picture myself doing anything else really...thanks for the feedback...I'm only 18 as of now so I have time to make myself standout hopefully

Comment

Here's your assignment. Go back and read, re-read, and read once more, what my colleagues have told you. I've nothing to add. Good luck.

Comment

I would say you MAY be ready after 21... you need some more life experience still. I was hired on at 24, and I still didn't have a lot of experience.
              The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
              that we are all that stands between
              the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6421 users online. 374 members and 6047 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X