300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corrections candidate

I am currently in the background investigation phase, and have the psych evaluation and medical evaluation before I start in corrections. My question is, is it reasonable to expect the department to contact me should I not be considered for the position?
    I ask because I had admitted to bad decisions I made as a teenager that could disqualify me. I understood before I even applied that it was going to potentially be an issue. After the polygraph, I met with the backround investigator within minutes and went over it with her. I haven't spoke to anyone since, I have tried to call HR to make them aware of days I'm available when it's finished so I do not have conflict with my current employer via email and a phone call and haven't recieved any confirmation.
    I plan on just sitting tight now, but I am interested to know if they would have informed me by now if I was disqualified or if it is possible I may not be informed.

Most places will tell you if you are no longer being considered for employment
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I think I may just be overthinking this really but I thought feed back here would be good.

Comment

You will be notified one way or the other.

Comment

It's easy to over think the process.. just sit back and be patient. It took over a month for my background to be completed for state police. Not sure of the process for corrections but patience is key to any career like this. I agree if your answers ruined your chances they would have mailed you a letter saying they are no longer interested in you as a candidate. I don't know your past but none of us were perfect! I'd stop calling and let them get in touch with you. Being too persistent can ruin it too.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6583 users online. 354 members and 6229 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X