X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ILconfidential
    replied
    Originally posted by Shush View Post
    You do realize that a crazy person never knows they are crazy, right?
    Hahaha, I actually that psych made me crazy, it was formatted like the LSAT test. I think I was too stupid for the dept

Leave a comment:

• Shush
    replied
    You do realize that a crazy person never knows they are crazy, right?

Leave a comment:

• just joe
    replied
    Originally posted by ILconfidential View Post
    I got it. Thanks, I had no idea each dept had different personality fits they were looking for. I thought there was a general mindset across the board
    Not at all. It doesn't matter how many degrees you have or what kind of experience you have, if you don't fit their mold, you can forget about ever working there.

Leave a comment:

• ILconfidential
    replied
    I got it. Thanks, I had no idea each dept had different personality fits they were looking for. I thought there was a general mindset across the board

Leave a comment:

• PhilipCal
    replied
    Don't Understand

My colleague has nailed the answer to your question. The fact that you might not be a "fit" for a given agency isn't necessarily a reason to fall on your sword, or feel bad about yourself. I'd venture to say, quite a few of us, myself included, weren't a "fit" for some agencies. Keep trying, and good luck.

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    Originally posted by ILconfidential View Post
    I don't get it. I do great on everything else but the psych! I took a psych for a major city in my state and passed, but I take one for two smaller communities and I get passed over. Could someone help me understand this more.
    Psych tests are something you can't "study for" like you can academic tests and/or physical assessments.

You either have the psychological profile for working in this profession ----or you do not.

The psych tests are developed by the testers in conjunction with the agency to output a person who "fits the mold" for that agency. That is one reason why you can "pass" for one agency but "fail' for another-------------(among other reasons)

You even can "pass" the test one day and "fail" the same test the next day.

Leave a comment:

• ILconfidential
    started a topic I don't understand

I don't understand

I don't get it. I do great on everything else but the psych! I took a psych for a major city in my state and passed, but I take one for two smaller communities and I get passed over. Could someone help me understand this more.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5105 users online. 255 members and 4850 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X