Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't understand

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I don't understand

    I don't get it. I do great on everything else but the psych! I took a psych for a major city in my state and passed, but I take one for two smaller communities and I get passed over. Could someone help me understand this more.

  • #2
    Originally posted by ILconfidential View Post
    I don't get it. I do great on everything else but the psych! I took a psych for a major city in my state and passed, but I take one for two smaller communities and I get passed over. Could someone help me understand this more.
    Psych tests are something you can't "study for" like you can academic tests and/or physical assessments.

    You either have the psychological profile for working in this profession ----or you do not.

    The psych tests are developed by the testers in conjunction with the agency to output a person who "fits the mold" for that agency. That is one reason why you can "pass" for one agency but "fail' for another-------------(among other reasons)

    You even can "pass" the test one day and "fail" the same test the next day.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

    My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

    Comment


    • #3
      Don't Understand

      My colleague has nailed the answer to your question. The fact that you might not be a "fit" for a given agency isn't necessarily a reason to fall on your sword, or feel bad about yourself. I'd venture to say, quite a few of us, myself included, weren't a "fit" for some agencies. Keep trying, and good luck.

      Comment


      • #4
        I got it. Thanks, I had no idea each dept had different personality fits they were looking for. I thought there was a general mindset across the board

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ILconfidential View Post
          I got it. Thanks, I had no idea each dept had different personality fits they were looking for. I thought there was a general mindset across the board
          Not at all. It doesn't matter how many degrees you have or what kind of experience you have, if you don't fit their mold, you can forget about ever working there.

          Comment


          • #6
            You do realize that a crazy person never knows they are crazy, right?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Shush View Post
              You do realize that a crazy person never knows they are crazy, right?
              Hahaha, I actually that psych made me crazy, it was formatted like the LSAT test. I think I was too stupid for the dept

              Comment

              MR300x250 Tablet

              Collapse

              What's Going On

              Collapse

              There are currently 5202 users online. 250 members and 4952 guests.

              Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

              Welcome Ad

              Collapse
              Working...
              X