300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worried about preliminary interview

Last week I went to another prelim background interview for LAPD. I submitted my paper work about a year ago and it had expired. I completed my 174 question questionnaire. After meeting with the BI she found something inconsistent in my employment. Apparently I said I was fired from a certain company and then did not mention it in this current questionnaire. The BI stressed that I was hiding something or lying about me not mentioning being fired by this company. I told her I think I was laid off since the company went through layoffs due to budget reasons. When the company let me go they were rather vague. I truly did not mean to omit it from the quesitinare. It completely skipped my mind. Will this DQ me form the rest of the process? She told me to send my other paper work which I was missing to the back ground unit. I am a little worried. I cannot say : "you are right I forgot to mention that , so can we put that in now?" It’s not like I am a pot head or a thief or anything of that nature. I have a very clean background and now just stressed that I did not mention the instance with that job. Any help is appreciated.

Only LAPD will know if the omission will DQ you. As a former background investigator, your omission raises red flags for me. It makes me wonder what else was omitted, or if you are being dishonest about the information you provided. In our profession, you can lose your job for being dishonest. LE officers who are documented liars cannot testify in court and are useless.

Good luck in your endeavors.

Comment

Originally posted by isellcaddys View Post
      Last week I went to another prelim background interview for LAPD. I submitted my paper work about a year ago and it had expired. I completed my 174 question questionnaire. After meeting with the BI she found something inconsistent in my employment. Apparently I said I was fired from a certain company and then did not mention it in this current questionnaire. The BI stressed that I was hiding something or lying about me not mentioning being fired by this company. I told her I think I was laid off since the company went through layoffs due to budget reasons. When the company let me go they were rather vague. I truly did not mean to omit it from the quesitinare. It completely skipped my mind. Will this DQ me form the rest of the process? She told me to send my other paper work which I was missing to the back ground unit. I am a little worried. I cannot say : "you are right I forgot to mention that , so can we put that in now?" It’s not like I am a pot head or a thief or anything of that nature. I have a very clean background and now just stressed that I did not mention the instance with that job. Any help is appreciated.
      The bottom line is YOU are responsible for completing a personal history questioner and/or background paperwork CORRECTLY.

ANY discrepancies will cause red flags to be raised and waved.

Once a question is raised about your paperwork or background---------------------only you can rectify it.

lets see, first you told us you were fired
      Apparently I said I was fired from a certain company
      THEN you didn't mention it
      and then did not mention it in this current questionnaire.

NOW you tell us you were laid off
      I told her I think I was laid off
      and or it skipped your mind
      It completely skipped my mind

Quite honestly --------------I think you are are hosed with all of that confusion in your history
      Last edited by Iowa #1603; 12-17-2014, 11:02 PM.
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

@ Iowa. I see. Do you think it will come up again at another interview? All I was told by the company was that I was no longer needed. I know there is no way to say I screwed up and forgot to put that. How could I go about rectifying this? Thanks for the input.

Comment

@ Iowa. I see. Do you think it will come up again at another interview? All I was told by the company was that I was no longer needed. I know there is no way to say I screwed up and forgot to put that. How could I go about rectifying this? Thanks for the input.
          Of course it will come up again.....................I don't see that your history will change, it's already happened.

The best way to rectify a mistake it to correct it.....................as in tell the truth. I guess getting a department to BELIEVE you might be a problem but if you are actually telling the truth it is much easier.

Most investigators are usually pretty good at determining if someone is lying to them, stretching the truth , or just being an idiot during a Background.
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Thus far, there are five, count em, five posts in this thread. Read and attempt to digest what my colleagues have told you. I'm currently seventy one years old, and recall each job I've had going back to my teens. That includes a couple I was fired from.

In common with my colleagues who've replied, I've done Backgrounds. Your PHS would raise red flags with me as well. It is YOUR responsibility to accurately and truthfully submit all the information which has been asked for.

Finally, no one here can say whether or not you omission will end up as an issue(s). I am prepared to say that it won't do you any good. Hope things work out for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
              The bottom line is YOU are responsible for completing a personal history questioner and/or background paperwork CORRECTLY.

ANY discrepancies will cause red flags to be raised and waved.

Once a question is raised about your paperwork or background---------------------only you can rectify it.

lets see, first you told us you were fired

THEN you didn't mention it

NOW you tell us you were laid off

and or it skipped your mind

Quite honestly --------------I think you are are hosed with all of that confusion in your history
              Geez Iowa, the way you ran down that list of variations in the story would almost make someone think you spend your days in a courtroom.
              In God We Trust
              Everyone else we run local and NCIC

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6553 users online. 365 members and 6188 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X