Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chances of winning an appeal for a psych exam?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chances of winning an appeal for a psych exam?

I was in the process with a dept, passed everything and was presented before the hiring committing, only to received a letter saying I have been dq because I failed the psych portion supposedly. I'm planning to appeal because I feel like it's unjustifiable considering how the doctor was 45 mins later to our interview, and only talked to me for 10 mins before making a decision. I have to appeal by retaking the exam with another doctor, but the results will end up going back to him anyways.
    My question is, is it worth appealing and what's the average percentage of winning an appeal anyways? I hope that made sense

Originally posted by Legion90 View Post
    I was in the process with a dept, passed everything and was presented before the hiring committing, only to received a letter saying I have been dq because I failed the psych portion supposedly. I'm planning to appeal because I feel like it's unjustifiable considering how the doctor was 45 mins later to our interview, and only talked to me for 10 mins before making a decision. I have to appeal by retaking the exam with another doctor, but the results will end up going back to him anyways.
    My question is, is it worth appealing and what's the average percentage of winning an appeal anyways? I hope that made sense
    In a word---------------------no.

Him being late has no bearing on his decision about YOUR suitability for the job.

Pick up, move on and apply elsewhere
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

^^^this^^^
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Got it. Guess if I'm not suitable for one dept, doesn't mean I'm not for another dept

Comment

Got it. Guess if I'm not suitable for one dept, doesn't mean I'm not for another dept
          exactly
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Re read the entire thread beginning with Post #2. Digest what's been offered. Keep on trying, and good luck.

Comment

Did they give you a reason why you failed the psychological testing?

Comment

Only a cRazY person would appeal.

Comment

Originally posted by jw1984 View Post
                  Did they give you a reason why you failed the psychological testing?
                  No. He cleared me for medical, and the hiring stage. Then suddenly decided no. Even my bi was so shocked at the hiring board meeting.

Comment

Have you decided whether or not you will appeal the Psych DQ?

Also, continue to apply to other departments and just put your best foot forward! Best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Marsworld View Post
                      Have you decided whether or not you will appeal the Psych DQ?

Also, continue to apply to other departments and just put your best foot forward! Best of luck.
                      I wrote an appeal letter and I'm planning to fight it as long as the price is reasonable. And thank you!

Comment

Yeah that'll make them want to hire you. You weren't selected, move on and try elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopshopcop View Post
                          Yeah that'll make them want to hire you. You weren't selected, move on and try elsewhere.
                          This is the best advice you can get.

Comment

So you get disqualified and appeal and will fight as long as price reasonable? Ok, you just won your appeal on the psych and they decide to not hired you with no cause or reason attached, they decided to close the announcement, just flat out pick someone else. Now what? Upset them and appeal and fight when you are not guaranteed a job? All they have to do is say "no" and no recourse available.

I've been told "no" after a psych before. I was irritated since I thought I was the perfect choice. Now here I am, a federal officer, making more money than the chief does. I even still live in the same city. Didn't have to move. The same city said "no" prior to that and quoted a civil service code that was so general, I could be turned down if they didn't like my hair color.
                            Last edited by eaker995; 12-16-2014, 01:28 PM.

Comment

I appreciate the comments and I filed an appeal because I was given the option to file an appeal. I'm not just trying to file an appeal just to be a smart ***, and to **** them off. I figure since they're given me an option to file an appeal by writing a letter, why not? I'm not a quitter and I will try to fight it as long as it is reasonable

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6379 users online. 357 members and 6022 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X