300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cvsa

Again regarding the CVSA... I understand that this is nothing more than an investigative tool but what if there are a few items on my background that make me incredibly uneasy to talk about? Will my nervousness trigger and show me as deceptive? I disclosed everything, even things that were me reading into the question too much. I tend to overthink everything. I just what to know what I can expect from this next phase. Everytime I google "what to expect from CVSA" all I come up with is how flawed it is and how people didn’t pass when being honest. Will it be just going over yes or no questions from by background packet or will I be asked details to incidents listed in my background? Can anyone that’s been through this tell me what to expect? As far as I know my BI is complete this is just the last thing prior to me meeting with the hiring board which will be later that day if I pass. Thanks.
    Last edited by backpacker7; 12-10-2014, 06:16 PM.

Originally posted by backpacker7 View Post
    Again regarding the CVSA... I understand that this is nothing more than an investigative tool but what if there are a few items on my background that make me incredibly uneasy to talk about? Will my nervousness trigger and show me as deceptive? I disclosed everything, even things that were me reading into the question too much. I tend to overthink everything. I just what to know what I can expect from this next phase. Everytime I google "what to expect from CVSA" all I come up with is how flawed it is and how people didn’t pass when being honest. Will it be just going over yes or no questions from by background packet or will I be asked details to incidents listed in my background? Can anyone that’s been through this tell me what to expect? As far as I know my BI is complete this is just the last thing prior to me meeting with the hiring board which will be later that day if I pass. Thanks.
    one of the reasons we tell people not to over think or try to beat the testing process is because people get paranoid when they research too much.

You will either "pass" the CVSA or you will not.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
      one of the reasons we tell people not to over think or try to beat the testing process is because people get paranoid when they research too much.

What he said. Be glad your taking this and not the lie detector test.

Comment

Originally posted by tj05 View Post
        What he said. Be glad your taking this and not the lie detector test.
        Why is the preferred over the poly?

Comment

Imagine how nervous you'd be covered in wires.

Comment

I have a CVSA in my near future as I was recruited for an agency and they have my application in hand. Admittedly I am nervous for it. And I have researched too much, as you and OP said. I was 100% honest to the best of my knowledge on my application so honesty is not my concern. A classmate of mine applied to the same agency, was honest (so he says) and failed the CVSA twice. I really want to work for this department and want to pass with flying colors... Is there any aspect of this examination that will cause a false read for deception? Furthermore, to my knowledge (which, admittedly is not much) of the exam, you speak into a microphone and the computer analyzes your voice levels. Is that it? Are there counter measures? I would like to learn more about it. Thanks all in advance

Comment

Originally posted by CharlesInCharge23 View Post
              I would like to learn more about it.
              No you don't

My advice has not changed........................take the test and what will happen will happen. If you over think or try to countermeasure the test you will be doomed.
              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

No you don't

My advice has not changed........................take the test and what will happen will happen. If you over think or try to countermeasure the test you will be doomed.
                Yes, sir. It's easier said than done... I have a bad habit of over thinking/what-if-ing but I will try and clear my mind. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlesInCharge23 View Post
                  Yes, sir. It's easier said than done... I have a bad habit of over thinking/what-if-ing but I will try and clear my mind. Thank you.
                  If not, resign yourself to "failure" when taking Polygraphs and CVSA's. They, along with MMPI's are designed to detect and fail those who try to circumvent the process and who over think the process.

Comment

If not, resign yourself to "failure" when taking Polygraphs and CVSA's. They, along with MMPI's are designed to detect and fail those who try to circumvent the process and who over think the process.
                    I'm definitely not trying to circumvent the system. As I said, I'm confident with my honesty. I suppose I'm just worried over failing anyway. But as you say, I'm going to clear the fear from my mind and come up successful, performance anxiety be damned.

Comment

I passed mine. It was easy. Awaiting an offer at this point. Thx to all

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3495 users online. 155 members and 3340 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X