300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the call! Thank you, everyone.

It has taken over two years of endless application packets/paperwork, physical tests, written exams, and oral boards (not to mention medical exams, psychological exams, and more!), but I have finally been hired as a police officer (recruit status). The academy is in January, with graduation at the end of May! I feel especially fortunate, as I have been a dispatcher with the same department that hired me for over two years, and I love the people that I work with and for.

Anyway, this thread was created primarily to thank all of you officers and deputies, active and retired, that take time out of your day to answer questions from people like me who have questions about navigating the application process. My questions have always been answered, and I have probably read through 300+ threads gathering wisdom from different people and their experiences.

A special shout out to: Iowa #1603, PhillipCal, L-1, and Lady Blue, who I see post in just about every single thread. Know that your experience and knowledge have been invaluable to me, and I hope to pass that knowledge along in the future.

To those still fighting for the job, don't ever give up! I received at least a eight "Thank you for your time, but we have moved forward with other candidates" letters in the pursuit of my dream, but thankfully, it only takes one that says "You have been hired. Report for duty at XX/XX/XXXX." I had a professor in college who said the week before graduation: "The bad news is, its pretty hard to get a job. The good news is, you only need to get one." I've found that to be sagely wisdom. Best of luck to all candidates moving through the application process, and once again, thank you to the frequent posters on this board for your insight and wisdom.

This is why most of us here answer AAC questions...................................Congra tulations Rookie!
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
      This is why most of us here answer AAC questions...................................Congra tulations Rookie!
      What he said and have "fun" in the academy.

Comment

Thank you gentlemen. I've been busting my behind since October 1st getting in shape, eating right, and preparing myself mentally for the Academy. With about 6 weeks until Day 1, I'm feeling good, but am going to turn up the heat during the last two or three weeks, start doing two-a-day workouts, and really grind it out.

Comment

Congrats! Where is this agency located at?

Comment

Originally posted by Socal89 View Post
            Congrats! Where is this agency located at?
            Thank you! Its in Virginia.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6361 users online. 373 members and 5988 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X