Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is this a good reason to contact my background investigator?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this a good reason to contact my background investigator?

At my background interview my investigator asked about a collection on my credit report. I have since reached an agreement with the creditor to have it removed and paid in full.

I know its frowned upon to contact your investigator, but would this be a good thing to contact him over or will it not matter at this point?

Thx in advance!

Based on your post, I believe I'd advise your Investigator of the update in your credit status.

Comment

Here Comes Mr. Doom & Gloom

The fact that you corrected the issue should be brought t the attention of your BI, however, I’m not sure which direction it will sway the outcome of your background.

Absent mitigating circumstances such as unanticipated medical bills, the fact that a debt has gone into collections is usually indicative of financial irresponsibility which can be a DQ. The fact that you didn’t remedy the problem until you were in backgrounds for a law enforcement position suggests you are only willing to meet your financial commitments when there is some extra benefit to you for doing so. In turn, this suggests you may be generally irresponsible and operate with a “What’s in it for me” attitude.

True or not, I suspect your BI is going to give you an extra hard look.
      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
        The fact that you corrected the issue should be brought t the attention of your BI, however, I’m not sure which direction it will sway the outcome of your background.

Absent mitigating circumstances such as unanticipated medical bills, the fact that a debt has gone into collections is usually indicative of financial irresponsibility which can be a DQ. The fact that you didn’t remedy the problem until you were in backgrounds for a law enforcement position suggests you are only willing to meet your financial commitments when there is some extra benefit to you for doing so. In turn, this suggests you may be generally irresponsible and operate with a “What’s in it for me” attitude.

True or not, I suspect your BI is going to give you an extra hard look.
        I was unaware of the bill and with the exception of this one bill my credit shows almost no debt. I just wanted him to know that since it was discovered I have taken initiative in getting it resolved

Comment

Originally posted by backpacker7 View Post
          I was unaware of the bill and with the exception of this one bill my credit shows almost no debt. I just wanted him to know that since it was discovered I have taken initiative in getting it resolved

At the risk of sounding adversarial, whose responsibility was it (is it) to be aware of one's own debt situation? You can rest assured that the BI will ask himself this question. Past that, you should once more review L-1's reply.

Yes, definitely advise your BI of the change in your debt situation. Be advised though, that what L-1 advised you of will, in all probability, be the case. Good luck.

Comment

Understood. I went though a nasty divorce a few yrs back and I had A LOT of things hit my credit that I had no part in (my ex gave my info to her creditors etc), my credit was BAD. Unfortunately I had a hard dose of life. I was able to show my investigator what I did to clear it up (well almost all) and seemed pleased.

As of now I haven't received and im sorry letter so I suppose things are going well.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6908 users online. 361 members and 6547 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X