300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiring Process, School problem?

Hello everyone. Long story short a little over a year ago I was academically suspended from community college due to poor grades. I then had to take a semester off and then re-enroll. I have since turned around my academic record and am doing well. At the time of my suspension I was not ready "mature" enough to realize how important schooling is.

My question is will this be a big problem somewhere down the line in the hiring process? or will they allow me to explain myself ect...

Also never been arrested or dealt with police. What are the chances of getting hired with a 2 year degree?

Thank you and stay safe officers!

It will be a problem---------------how big of a problem depends on the agency.

Since it was such a short time ago there MIGHT be some thoughts about your maturity level.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I see it as a potential problem, although it's fairly typical. What's going to matter is how well you do in your studies from this point on. Obtaining ANY degree/certification requires a substantial degree of self discipline and dedication. Your GPA and subsequent degree(s) will be evidence of your will to correct your once poor grades. Good luck.

Comment

From my perspective, I doubt that you matured significantly while taking a single semester off. You may have (and it looks like you did) gotten a wake up call. That is good. Right now the best thing you can do is complete your degree work, possibly look toward furthering your education beyond that point, build a solid work history and continue to keep your nose clean. It sounds like you might be on the right track, but you have a ways to go before reaching your destination. Stay the course.
        In God We Trust
        Everyone else we run local and NCIC

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Blue View Post
          From my perspective, I doubt that you matured significantly while taking a single semester off. You may have (and it looks like you did) gotten a wake up call. That is good. Right now the best thing you can do is complete your degree work, possibly look toward furthering your education beyond that point, build a solid work history and continue to keep your nose clean. It sounds like you might be on the right track, but you have a ways to go before reaching your destination. Stay the course.
          Plus one.

Comment

Thank you very much for the answers. Look forward to working as an officer of the law one day.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6691 users online. 361 members and 6330 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X