Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to work part time for Boston Police Department?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to work part time for Boston Police Department?

I'm currently in the military and am planning on finishing up my bachelors degree and going on to law school when I am separated. I would like to attend BU, and my overall goal is to become an FBI agent. Would it be possible to use BPD as a stepping stone to gain experience and make me stand out a little for the hiring process for the FBI?

I understand that Boston is not an easy place to just apply and get the job, but I love the city and it is my "dream" location. With that said, if anyone has any other big cities in mind that I'd be able to work for while attending school I would love to hear them!

Are you asking if Boston has part time police officers, or are you asking about PT civilian position?

Are you going to have the GPA and LSAT to get into a T1 school?

Don't expect to be able to work at all as a 1L.

My reading shows me that if you want to impress someone you need to concentrate on your GPA, Law Review, clerkships and internships -- not some part time job working for a PD.

Comment

You might want to try to intern at a Law firm or with the State's Attorney's Office.
      The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
      that we are all that stands between
      the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Most large cities have union contracts that prohibit part time officers...............................as well as the fact that large departments have enough resources that they don't need part timers
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Good luck trying to get hired in Mass.
          It's a closed shop in that state.
          I don't know if the have reserves. Did you call them?
          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

@justjoe I was thinking of working for the few years it will take me to get the bachelors degree.

@iowa that's what I was fearing

@cccsd stationed overseas so it makes contact difficult. Also a couple years out of actually putting the plan in motion

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6780 users online. 344 members and 6436 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X