300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New spin on the poly ququestions!

I know that there are tons of questions on this forum regarding polygraphs! However I have never seen this one asked.
    I went for my poly this morning, the pre test interview went good, and the test itself went good. The examiner stopped and said that it looks like I might be showing deception but not enough to raise any alarms. He told me to just relax and then we did two more tests. But there was no post test interview, its the fact that he didn't question me after significant to me passing or failing? Has anyone else had this happen?

Happens all the time. OK, now for full disclosure. I'm not a Polygraph Examiner, but they're a part of most hiring processes, right or wrong. As a technical note, you neither pass or fail a Polygraph. The device can't tell whether or not you're lying anymore than the gas pump down at your local Stop and Rob.

The Polygraph is an investigative tool, no more, no less. It's a controversial tool as well, and the subject of considerable controversy, even among cops. All of that said, your experience is pretty typical.

Comment

Awesome. Thanks for your response! I feel good about the test overall, that was just making me nervous!

Comment

Originally posted by upandcomming View Post
        its the fact that he didn't question me after significant to me passing or failing? Has anyone else had this happen?
        Every agency handles the procedure differently
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
          Every agency handles the procedure differently
          I recently took the Chicago Police Polygraph test and had an interesting experience.

At 1st it was very casual. I was asked questions about knowing right from wrong. explained the difference between a white lie and a lie seen as deceptive. After about an hour of what to expect from the actual test I was given a 5 minture break.

When I returned from break, the switch was flipped. It was no longer a friendly interaction, no more Mr. Nice guy. the Polygrapher hooked me up and I moved my hand due to the 70lbs of pressure on my arm, arm fell asleep. He turned off the machine and stepped outside to ask a "supervisor" if I'm allowed to retest because I moved. The Polygrapher didn't have any issues with my answers just my breathing and sitting still. So I continued the process without any further issues. I also am not sure if I passed or failed the test.

Comment

I'm not a LEO yet and have not done much research on this but personally I think confidence is a big thing in these... I've had both polygraph and CVSA now (passed both), and I think you have to just go into it with the mindset that you are 100% confident that you are telling the truth and don't worry about the style of questions or the demeanor of the interviewer or anything. They might toss you a few hooks but as long as you stick to your guns you should be fine. Unless of course you are actually trying to hide something, then I can't offer any advice

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
              Happens all the time. OK, now for full disclosure. I'm not a Polygraph Examiner, but they're a part of most hiring processes, right or wrong. As a technical note, you neither pass or fail a Polygraph. The device can't tell whether or not you're lying anymore than the gas pump down at your local Stop and Rob.

The Polygraph is an investigative tool, no more, no less. It's a controversial tool as well, and the subject of considerable controversy, even among cops. All of that said, your experience is pretty typical.
              What he said

Comment

Originally posted by Chi-Jeep View Post
                I recently took the Chicago Police Polygraph test and had an interesting experience.

At 1st it was very casual. I was asked questions about knowing right from wrong. explained the difference between a white lie and a lie seen as deceptive. After about an hour of what to expect from the actual test I was given a 5 minture break.

When I returned from break, the switch was flipped. It was no longer a friendly interaction, no more Mr. Nice guy. the Polygrapher hooked me up and I moved my hand due to the 70lbs of pressure on my arm, arm fell asleep. He turned off the machine and stepped outside to ask a "supervisor" if I'm allowed to retest because I moved. The Polygrapher didn't have any issues with my answers just my breathing and sitting still. So I continued the process without any further issues. I also am not sure if I passed or failed the test.
                I passed

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5238 users online. 327 members and 4911 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X