300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AZ DQ's

My nephew is thinking of applying at the Maricopa County Sheriff's Dept or the Phoenix pd. He was convicted of DUI in 1980 and patronizing prostitution in 1990, plead guilty paid a fine on both. No other problems since then other than 3 traffic tickets over five years ago. Will these disqualify him?

I should clarify. He was at a bachelor party in a restaurant (not a strip club) and asked one of the waitresses if she would take care of them for $100.00. The waitress’ brother (a vice officer) overheard the comment, and cited him.
    Last edited by Arktos; 11-09-2014, 08:42 PM.

Can't speak for MCSO, but I THINK Phx would DQ him. A better question would be is he eligible for AZPOST certification? I'd check with them, then call each agency & see what they say. He may be able to first go to a smaller PD then lateral in.

Comment

Originally posted by Arktos View Post
      My nephew is thinking of applying at the Maricopa County Sheriff's Dept or the Phoenix pd. He was convicted of DUI in 1980 and patronizing prostitution in 1990, plead guilty paid a fine on both. No other problems since then other than 3 traffic tickets over five years ago. Will these disqualify him?

Your "nephew" doesn't belong in LE. Although his convictions are not automatic disqualifiers his crimes show a disregard for the safety of others, disregard for rules/regulations/laws and lack of impulse control among others. Prostitution is not a victimless crime. Many of the girls/women are forced into prostitution and don't have a choice. I don't know what made your "nephew" wake up one day and think, "Hey I want to be a cop." As far as I'm concerned, I would drop him from backgrounds and hire an applicant that actually respects the law.

Comment

I should clarify. He was at a bachelor party in a restaurant (not a strip club) and asked one of the waitresses if she would take care of them for $100.00. The waitress’ brother a vice officer overheard the comment, and cited him.

Comment

I should clarify. He was at a bachelor party in a restaurant (not a strip club) and asked one of the waitresses if she would take care of them for $100.00. The waitress’ brother (a vice officer) overheard the comment, and cited him.

Comment

I should clarify. He was at a bachelor party in a restaurant (not a strip club) and asked one of the waitresses if she would take care of them for $100.00. The waitress’ brother a vice officer overheard the comment, and cited him.
            Soliciting for prostitution is the same as being serviced by a prostitute .
            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I'll just be blunt and say your nephew should probably look into a different career, because his chances of getting hired would be very slim.

Comment

A real classy guy.

Comment

"Nephew...."

Comment

Yes, sister's son.

Comment

You, or your nephew are not fit candidates for this profession. The reasons have been explained to you.

Comment

Oh all he did was ask the waitress if she would service him?? We take it back, he would make a fantastic officer!
                        NYPD Exam 2302 (July, 2011) - 9x.xxx
                        List number (December, 2011) - 2xx
                        APD -???

Comment

If he was convicted of a DUI in 1980, lets assume he was 21 (legal age to drink in the first place).

That would make him 55 now.

at 55 years old, why does he need his "uncle" coming on here asking questions for him? Is he still not grown up enough to man up to his own mistakes 34 years ago????? or 24 years ago???

I think you are full of feces, but in case this is a legit question - even *IF* they forgave his criminal activity, they'd probably not hire him based on years of serviceability before retirement.

Comment

Sounds like OP is "nephew"...lol

Comment

Originally posted by GTrev View Post
                              Sounds like OP is "nephew"...lol

Yeah, that's what the smart money says.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4108 users online. 257 members and 3851 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X