Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grateful and Happy

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Grateful and Happy

    Hi everyone,

    I have been lurking on this forum for years.. This forum has helped me tremendously throughout my process. I have applied to nearly 15-20 different agencies only to be rejected or failing a step somewhere in the hiring process. I was discouraged and defeated to say the least but I was still hopeful due to having a good background and multiple college degrees.

    I didn't know why or what was preventing me from being selected. I knew it was extremely difficult to be hired as a peace officer.

    I was told by many peers to not self-sponsor myself through an academy. I didn't want to because there were many agencies hiring, but I was tired of waiting and being rejected. I had what it takes to take on the most difficult tasks. Sure enough, I enrolled myself in a extremely stressful academy.

    5 weeks into the Academy, an agency whom I've always wanted to work for but I never applied to in fear of being rejected, approached me to begin the hiring process. I knew this was an opportunity of a lifetime, but a little bit of faith was lost along the way. I read an article how for any 2-3 position available, there is a minimum 1000-1500 applicants.

    Fast forward to present time. I recently recieved a "Conditional Offer." I have Medical and Psychological left to complete. I am exhilarated and grateful to be in this position..

    The hiring process is downright difficult and discouraging. In my academy class 90% of my classmates have either BA degree or Masters degree (not exaggerating), and/or have served in the Military for many of years. The other 10% have some serious life experience. These are the type of individuals you'll be competing against, so remember to work hard, have patience, gratitude, do the right things when people aren't watching, and pick yourself up whenever you fall. Unless you have something that will prevent you from being hired, Never give up! The right department will hire you.

    Just wanted to say thanks to everyone.
    Last edited by Socal89; 11-09-2014, 04:36 PM.

  • #2
    Congrats ----
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

    My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

    Comment


    • #3
      Continued good luck.

      Comment


      • #4
        Thank you gentlemen.

        Comment


        • #5
          Congratulations and good luck in the rest of process.

          Comment


          • #6
            Remember if it was easy everyone would do it and we would never have anyone be a Fireman

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by jdthor View Post
              Remember if it was easy everyone would do it and we would never have anyone be a Fireman
              Lmfao

              Comment


              • #8
                Congrats OP, have "fun" going through FTO.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by tj05 View Post
                  Congrats OP, have "fun" going through FTO.
                  Thanks brotha. I need to graduate first lol Which is around the corner!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Congratulations and best wishes for a successful career!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Congrats and best of luck with the remaining steps. Never forget how much work it took to get to this point. I've been on for two years, and there are days I **** and moan about things, but then I remind myself how lucky I am be having those 'problems' and that if I don't want to be here there are thousands of applicants who do. Again, good luck.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Thanks everyone!

                        @litz I will always remember that and carry it on with me

                        Comment

                        MR300x250 Tablet

                        Collapse

                        What's Going On

                        Collapse

                        There are currently 3343 users online. 205 members and 3138 guests.

                        Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                        Welcome Ad

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X