Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dont see a career ender in your post, hopefully the i was dumb stuff is behind you now.
    sigpic

"When a police officer is killed, it's not an agency that loses an officer, it's an entire nation." -Chris Cosgriff, ODMP Founder

http://www.odmp.org/

Comment

Like my colleagues, I do not see any issues that would prevent you from joining the field eventually. Time is your friend in this case. You have an opportunity to better yourself by advancing your education and establishing a sold work history AND a track record of having matured in your judgmental skills. If you can do that, you will find yourself in a solid position to be selected. Right now, I would not hire you but in a few years...
      In God We Trust
      Everyone else we run local and NCIC

Comment

So you said you drank underage within the last year and possibly provided alcohol to minors within the last year. Both are crimes and are within a year of applying. Neither are permanent DQs but you need some more time between when you committed them and now. Go get a job and put in 4-5 years of hard work then reapply.

Comment

I've been doing backgrounds since 85......and I agree with those ahead of me. You need time to be your friend and for us up here in North Idaho 7 years is the cut off for minor infractions i.e. underage drinking and alcohol to a minor. Good Luck!!

Comment

Last year I raped someone i was drunk and she was ugly. I feel that I have done her a service cause she would not get it any other way. It WAS a year ago. Time has passed and I was not caught. Is that a DQ in my bg? SMH

It does not matter what it was. Something stupid and minor like jaywalking is not a deal killer. Drugs are, supplying drugs are and so is any kind of assault. Be honest. Hope for the best.

Comment

I'd never hire someone who drank underage last year... too young.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your insight I appreciate it. I have talked to officers on the department, as well as to the recruiter and both advised me to not worry about it and that I should be fine.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3329 users online. 167 members and 3162 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X