300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Are My Chances?

I've always wanted to be a police officer. It's all I ever dreamed of. I have a great background except for a few minor mistakes. When I was thirteen I had an incident involving a dog and peanut butter. I got my license when I was sixteen and have only gotten fourteen or fifteen tickets. Nothing major, just wreckless driving, DUI and driving on a suspended license (a few times). I regret my actions and learned my lesson. I haven't received a ticket for almost one week now (unless you count the ticket for no front license plate).

Like most people, I experimented with marijuana. I only smoked marijuana, maybe one hundred to two hundred times (not sure the exact number of times). I also tried LSD once or five times. Hopefully, my normal youthful experimentation will not hold me back from my lifelong dream.

I've never been arrested except for the traffic violations and the time I hit my sister with a baseball bat. The police were also called when I shoved my girlfriend to the ground. She wasn't injured too badly, and didn't want to press charges. The police officer was very understanding, he said he had no choice but to arrest me even though it was clearly self defense (she was yelling at me about my drinking).

I am thinking about getting a degree in Criminal Justice. With a degree in Criminal Justice the departments will know I am serious. What do you all think my chances of getting hired are? Please only answer if you will tell me I will get a job and that my mistakes will not be held against me. I also want to hear how others have been hired with issues and that I am entitled to a job in law enforcement. I would also like to hear that my past actions will NOT limit my opportunities in life.
    Last edited by Country_Jim; 10-25-2014, 11:43 AM.

You are an A+, number 1 recruit....should be putting in for Chief of Police somewhere. Good to go. Instant hire, no board or testing necessary.

Comment

I second Kermit! Welcome aboard!!
      The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
      that we are all that stands between
      the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

I am going to disappoint you.

You are NOT suitable for Law Enforcement----nope never

You are , however, a good candidate for public office--------------------------I even think POTUS would be a good fit
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I think you can atleast be appointed by the Governor to be a Special Conservator of the Peace

Comment

I'm actually thinking more along the lines of running the Public Integrity Unity here in TX. It'll be hard to beat out the current one but seems like you are on the right track.

Comment

Unlike my colleagues, I have a few follow up questions.

1. Did the dog consent to the activity, and if so was the dog of legal age? We take our bestiality serious around here, and I do not want you to have any issues that might reflect negatively on the department?

2. As for the tickets, screw it. Everyone knows cops cannot drive. The DUI issue is potentially serious, however. Alcohol is a serious topic. Were you careful to make sure you did not spill your drink?

3. To address the drug usage, as you said, this was simply some useful experimentation. Have you ever considered expanding the spectrum of your usage? That would give you a broader background on the subject and would give you a leg up on the competition. Perhaps you should also gain some experience in both the distribution and manufacture aspects of the drug culture as well.

4. Your arrest background is fine. That means you are already well versed in all procedures. One thing that concerns me is your use of the baseball bat. Was it aluminum or wood? With our agency, we prefer aluminum due to the possibility of the wood bat breaking. We are very efficient, and we do not want you to have to spend valuable time picking splinters out of your hands. Also, splinters leave open woulds which might leave you vulnerable to blood borne diseases when you do a little street corner dental work.

5. Your idea regarding the CJ degree is going to put you well ahead of the game and going to school will also give you plenty of opportunities to meet drunk and promiscuous co-ed, which is the only reason for going to college anyhow. This will allow plenty of chances to practice the time honored Terri Frisk as well as the similar Betty Frisk, Susie Frisk, and Vicky Frisk. I would suggest passing on the Jane Frisk however. She will give you something penicillin won't fix.

Based on what I can see, your are a very good, but not stellar, applicant. There are some area that you need to work on, and I have tried to point you in the right direction. You should also learn a second language.I would suggest MoFo. The ability to use the F word as noun, verb, adverb, adjective, and prepositional (and propositional) phrase is a valuable commodity in this field. Also don't let your participle dangle, at least not where the public can see.

Good luck in your endeavors.
              In God We Trust
              Everyone else we run local and NCIC

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Blue View Post

The OP sent me an unsolicited PM and addressed most of your concerns

1. Did the dog consent to the activity, and if so was the dog of legal age? We take our bestiality serious around here, and I do not want you to have any issues that might reflect negatively on the department?

The dog asked for it, begged for it, and really flirted with him prior to the incident

2. As for the tickets, screw it. Everyone knows cops cannot drive. The DUI issue is potentially serious, however. Alcohol is a serious topic. Were you careful to make sure you did not spill your drink?

There were no drinks injured in the making of this thread

3. To address the drug usage, as you said, this was simply some useful experimentation. Have you ever considered expanding the spectrum of your usage? That would give you a broader background on the subject and would give you a leg up on the competition. Perhaps you should also gain some experience in both the distribution and manufacture aspects of the drug culture as well.

The OP is just plain not intelligent enough to manufacture drugs, and doesn't have a network for distribution

4. Your arrest background is fine. That means you are already well versed in all procedures. One thing that concerns me is your use of the baseball bat. Was it aluminum or wood? With our agency, we prefer aluminum due to the possibility of the wood bat breaking. We are very efficient, and we do not want you to have to spend valuable time picking splinters out of your hands. Also, splinters leave open woulds which might leave you vulnerable to blood borne diseases when you do a little street corner dental work.

Aluminum bats are now standard in any “games” below the college level. Splinters from wooden bats are causing way too many splinters in drug dealers

5. Your idea regarding the CJ degree is going to put you well ahead of the game and going to school will also give you plenty of opportunities to meet drunk and promiscuous co-ed, which is the only reason for going to college anyhow. This will allow plenty of chances to practice the time honored Terri Frisk as well as the similar Betty Frisk, Susie Frisk, and Vicky Frisk. I would suggest passing on the Jane Frisk however. She will give you something penicillin won't fix.

The OP has already bought a CVPI with push bumper and spotlight, wears 511 gear to class, and even has a Galls Special Police badge on a neck chain ------------and from what he tells me, he is “getting some” on a regular basis

Based on what I can see, your are a very good, but not stellar, applicant. There are some area that you need to work on, and I have tried to point you in the right direction. You should also learn a second language.I would suggest MoFo. The ability to use the F word as noun, verb, adverb, adjective, and prepositional (and propositional) phrase is a valuable commodity in this field. Also don't let your participle dangle, at least not where the public can see.

Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

I nominate this to be "stickied". It serves as an important benchmark to show what the LE community is looking for in a serious and dedicated applicant. It shall here by become mandatory: All posters must meet or exceed the stellar history of the OP.

Comment

I bought a new car, it's a Crown Vic and I'm trying to get used to the handling of it. Does this mean it will give me a "leg up" in the academy when I test for the emergency driving course?

Comment

Originally posted by Talal View Post
                      I bought a new car, it's a Crown Vic and I'm trying to get used to the handling of it. Does this mean it will give me a "leg up" in the academy when I test for the emergency driving course?
                      Shoot. I forgot to add a line about driving a Crown Vic. Good call, wish I'd thought of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Talal View Post
                        In the old days it would have, with the demise of the CV you are going to have to trade it in on a Charger, Impala, etc.
                        In God We Trust
                        Everyone else we run local and NCIC

Comment

Originally posted by Country_Jim View Post
                          Shoot. I forgot to add a line about driving a Crown Vic. Good call, wish I'd thought of it.
                          Don't you remember the PM you sent me about the CVPI

Comment

Originally posted by iowa #1603 View Post
                            don't you remember the pm you sent me about the cvpi
                            lmao

Comment

#5 had me in tears hahahhahaha

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5591 users online. 330 members and 5261 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X