300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The cost of ECG test?

I took a physical exam today, and I failed abdominal ECG because of my low heart rate. They told me that my heart rate is low not because of bad health, but athletic people have low blood pressure. WTF?!?! So they want me to go to the cardiologist on my own and take an abdominal ECG test to make sure that my heart is just fine. So my question is how much does abdominal ECG cost?

Contact the medical provider. Posts like this make me wonder if common sense is still common.

Comment

Originally posted by Country_Jim View Post
      Contact the medical provider. Posts like this make me wonder if common sense is still common.
      I did, and most of them basically told me to come to their office for more details. I want to know the general price so I won't get ripped off.

Comment

Originally posted by career31905 View Post
        I took a physical exam today, and I failed abdominal ECG because of my low heart rate. They told me that my heart rate is low not because of bad health, but athletic people have low blood pressure. WTF?!?! So they want me to go to the cardiologist on my own and take an abdominal ECG test to make sure that my heart is just fine. So my question is how much does abdominal ECG cost?
        Originally posted by career31905 View Post
        I did, and most of them basically told me to come to their office for more details. I want to know the general price so I won't get ripped off.
        This is not Ask a Hospital dot com nor is it Ask a Doctor dot com

If you can't figure out who to ask for a MEDICAL question------------------you don't deserve to be a cop
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Do you have insurance? If so, it should cover the cost(s) of the exam. The bottom line question is, how badly do you want the job?

Comment

Some insurance won't cover that cost, mine wouldn't cover the cost of one
            Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
            USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
            "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
            Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

Don't believe I stated flatly that it did. I alluded to the possibility. The bottom line question remains. How badly does he want the job??

Comment

Originally posted by J2H View Post
                Some insurance won't cover that cost, mine wouldn't cover the cost of one

In your profile, you mention that you're a Security Officer. Additionally you state "No" to the question of whether or not you're a sworn police officer. Just a reminder, and not intending to demean your position, but a Security Officer is NOT a Police Officer.

This is "Ask a Cop", not "Ask a Security Officer". For you to continue to reply to queries here violates the TOS, and can get you banned. I've no doubt you're intentions were to assist the OP, but just a caution to you.

Comment

I was a sworn officer (US Air Force), I swore to Defend the Constitution... does that count?
                  USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
                  "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman

Comment

No. You don't meet the criteria.
                    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

"NO". You've been honest though, I'll give you that.

Comment

Then I will not post anymore in the Ask a Cop section, I was just trying to help
                        USAF VETERAN 2004-2012

Comment

In my 24 years as a paramedic, I have never heard of an "abdominal" ECG. I think you may have some wrong terminology there. Regardless, ECGs are ridiculously commonplace and I would imagine you could get one, depending on your location in the country, for between $400-$600. That's just a guess. There will be a technical fee (the actual ECG) and the professional fee (to read the results).

Comment

I think he means MRI if it's the ABD. ECG if it's cardiac. But he doesn't even know...
                            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

$19.95 plus shipping and handling. but wait, there's more! If you call right now we will throw in a 2nd abdominal ECG for free! Just pay the shipping and handling on the second as well.

Our operators are standing by.

Sincerely,
                              B. Obama

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3344 users online. 162 members and 3182 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X