Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Showtime0811
    replied
    This was 10 years ago so all of what happened at that time isn't fresh in my mind. I have a personal history questionnaire to fill out to send off to my background investigator so I am worried about being disqualified because of this and have a lot on my mind because of it.

Leave a comment:

• Showtime0811
    replied
    Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post
    An entry level separation is uncharacterized, just as you mentioned.

The "fraudulent enlistment" doesn't necessarily mean a crime was committed just that there was something incorrect and that the enlistment shouldn't have been enacted.

All that said, there are several inconsistent points to your story. In particular the contacting of your father. The Corps shouldn't have contacted him unless there was an emergency. A colonoscopy isn't usually an emergency. Also, "my recruiter knew about it" doesn't cut the mustard. At MEPS they ask you straight out if there is anything medical or legal you've left out, if you've been told not to mention anything, etc, etc. If YOU didn't tell MEPS, then your enlistment WAS fraudulent and technically you committed a federal felony. Don't feel like the Lone Ranger, something like 10% of enlistments are terminated for "fraudulent enlistment" of one kind or other. How an agency will view it depends on the agency.

Secondly, you really need to work on expressing yourself in writing. Peace officers do a LOT of paperwork, a LOT of writing and other people need to understand what's been written so they can work with teh information. Right now you're not the guy who's report I want to have to read.
    Well sorry that my writing isn't too great. My first test that I received back from the hospital came back as no diagnostic findings. It was pretty normal. My recruiter did tell me that it wasn't a big deal since the Doctor said it was good to go. There was nothing to report to MEPS since my medical exam came back clear.

Leave a comment:

• tanksoldier
    replied
    An entry level separation is uncharacterized, just as you mentioned.

The "fraudulent enlistment" doesn't necessarily mean a crime was committed just that there was something incorrect and that the enlistment shouldn't have been enacted.

All that said, there are several inconsistent points to your story. In particular the contacting of your father. The Corps shouldn't have contacted him unless there was an emergency. A colonoscopy isn't usually an emergency. Also, "my recruiter knew about it" doesn't cut the mustard. At MEPS they ask you straight out if there is anything medical or legal you've left out, if you've been told not to mention anything, etc, etc. If YOU didn't tell MEPS, then your enlistment WAS fraudulent and technically you committed a federal felony. Don't feel like the Lone Ranger, something like 10% of enlistments are terminated for "fraudulent enlistment" of one kind or other. How an agency will view it depends on the agency.

Secondly, you really need to work on expressing yourself in writing. Peace officers do a LOT of paperwork, a LOT of writing and other people need to understand what's been written so they can work with teh information. Right now you're not the guy who's report I want to have to read.

Leave a comment:

• Country_Jim
    replied
    It varies from department to department, my department would allow you to explain the situation. You do have to keep in mind that anything associated with dishonesty will be highy scrutinized.

Good luck in your endeavors.

Leave a comment:

• Showtime0811
    started a topic Military Discharges Help

Military Discharges Help

If someone could help me it would be greatly appreciated. Back in 2003, I had rectal bleeding and wasn't sure what it was from. I went to the Doctor to try and figure out what was wrong with me and they performed a colonoscopy test which lead to no diagnostic findings. When I went to talk to a recruiter back in 2005 to join the Marines. I told my recruiter that I had this situation in 2003 and since my Doctor told me that there was no diagnostic findings that I was pretty much normal and that it wasn't a concern. So when I went to MCRD I wanted to try and get medicine because I developed having IBS and every time that I became nervous I would always need to use the restroom. I went to the Doctor when I was in basic and they have me medicine to calm my stomach down so it didn't act up. Since taking the medicine that was given to me had really helped and when I entered the 3rd phase I ran out of medicine and returned to the Doctor to try to get more medicine so I could get by basic training. The Doctor wanted to find out why my stomach was acting the way that it was. At the time my father was point of contact incase of emergencies so they contacted him to let him know that testing of colonoscopy was going to be given again. When my father was told this was going to be done, he brought up the testing that I got done in 2003 and that the doctor said that there was no diagnostic findings and that my recruiter knew about it. So since the test that was prior to the one in basic training I received an Entry Level Separation from the Marines with Uncharacterized being the Character of service with a separation code of JDA1 with the Reentry code being RE-3F and the narrative reasoning for this is Fraudulent Entry into the Military Service because of the test before. During a background investigation, this will obviously show up and because of my discharge would this hurt me because of the Fraud Entry label. Is there any way that I would get hired if I am able to explain my case. I would really appreciate it if someone could really help me. Thanks!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4386 users online. 302 members and 4084 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X