Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Showtime0811 View Post
    I never lied.
    As someone that has done tons of BI's......your 214 says it all. You got tossed from the military for Fraudulent Entry into the Military Service.

There are 100s of folks that don't have that on their 214 that will get hired before anyone things about remotely talking to you....

Deal with it...as that is a fact of life......

Find a new career field...
    "It ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward...."

Comment

I'm not a criminal .
      Fraudulent Entry into the Military Service is a criminal offense. Surprised that CID/OSI/NCIS didn't have a chat with you......

Lucky you didn't end up being Court Marshalled.
      "It ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward...."

Comment

Originally posted by J2H
        As far as my fellow cops were concerned in the Air Force, a Criminal Justice degree was the "go to" degree when we couldn't figure out what we wanted to do in life (most places a degree in CJ isn't a requirement for entry into service)... I myself was a CJ student, then went into IT, now I am taking pre-seminary courses.
        I've noticed many do the same thing or think it will help. I've mentioned before that I lurk on here and only recently started posting but I post quite a bit on another police site. One member there put out a challenge no one has taken on. Name just one agency that REQUIRES a CJ degree to get hired.

Many agencies will give credit in either more pay or the like but agencies that want college will accept nearly any degree. A CJ degree mainly just gives insight into the law enforcement field but really no more than a police academy will. So a CJ degree is one that is a very specific field that is not required for any job specifically and may or may not help you get a job. Many other degrees help much more to advance or get into investigations or even federal work but the biggest thing is to have something to fall back on especially the way society is going right now with officers losing their jobs for very minor issues but a public outcry. Let's not even mention that only 2%, roughly, of applicants will ever make a career out of this profession.

Comment

A review won't take place. Changing an RE code only occurs when the military made a mistake. THEY did not. You were discharged for not meeting the standards and the RE-3 means you are unable to serve in the military.
          And don't even bother your Congressman. They have NO power to overturn UNLESS the branch made an error, which they did not.
          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
            A review won't take place. Changing an RE code only occurs when the military made a mistake. THEY did not. You were discharged for not meeting the standards and the RE-3 means you are unable to serve in the military.
            And don't even bother your Congressman. They have NO power to overturn UNLESS the branch made an error, which they did not.
            I was already told by the Marine Corp and Coast Guard because I was looking around and they told me that I could indeed reenlist into the service but it would need a waiver and to be cleared by a Doctor which I already have been.

Comment

Individuals with a Navy/Marine/Coast Guard RE Code of "3" can normally reenlist in their service or another Service, but will probably require a waiver to be processed. Individuals with a Navy/Marine/Coast Guard RE Code of "4" are normally not eligible to reenlist in their service, nor join another service.

Comment

You seem to be having the same problem another poster does. He, though he is now studying for the Ministry, can't seem to grasp the fact that he is NOT a Police Officer, and is thus prohibited from offering advice here. You, OTH, can't seem to accept, or steadfastly refuse to accept the very salient facts we've presented to you.

Briefly stated, you have two chances at becoming a Police Officer. Here they are. (1) Slim. (2) None. Moving to a possible future military career, it is my understanding that the Foreign Legion is looking for some recruits. While the Legion traditionally asks no questions concerning a potential recruit's past, your medical issues with the Navy Medical Dept, would probably preclude your services being accepted by France.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
                  You seem to be having the same problem another poster does. He, though he is now studying for the Ministry, can't seem to grasp the fact that he is NOT a Police Officer, and is thus prohibited from offering advice here. You, OTH, can't seem to accept, or steadfastly refuse to accept the very salient facts we've presented to you.
                  Phil---------------he is the OP on this thread

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
                  Briefly stated, you have two chances at becoming a Police Officer. Here they are. (1) Slim. (2) None. Moving to a possible future military career, it is my understanding that the Foreign Legion is looking for some recruits. While the Legion traditionally asks no questions concerning a potential recruit's past, your medical issues with the Navy Medical Dept, would probably preclude your services being accepted by France.
                  I don't really disagree with this
                  Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Individuals with a Navy/Marine/Coast Guard RE Code of "3" can normally reenlist in their service or another Service, but will probably require a waiver to be processed. Individuals with a Navy/Marine/Coast Guard RE Code of "4" are normally not eligible to reenlist in their service, nor join another service.
                    In law enforcement the RE code of 3 or 4 doesn't mean SQUAT

What matters is ------------------------get this clear---------------

the narrative reasoning for this is Fraudulent Entry into the Military Service

That is a deal breaker
                    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

Ok, I'm going to pitch in here because I have a little personal experience here, although different from your story.

I enlisted in 2006, had a loss of consciouness during boot camp and was discharged for fraudulent enlistment because I had told them I had previously passed out, when I was about 12 years old when I had blood drawn. They asked me why I didn't disclose this at MEPS, and I told them I did and spoke with the Dr. about it, and even remembered the Dr. due to him having a unique name. (It was later discovered that my medical paperwork was outdated and the paperwork I had most recently filled out was nowhere to be found) They still alleged that I enlisted fraudulently and informed me I could retain counsel but would take 9 months or more that I would have to wait on depot for my case to be heard. I opted to not do that option, and decided to return back to college and petitioned through the NDRB, providing a great deal of evidence to the contrary of fraudulent enlistment. It took a little over a year but the NDRB corrected my DD-214 from fraudulent entry to erroneous entry, which means the error was on the part of the military and not me, but my characterization remained uncharacterized. In the reply from the NDRB they suggested that I now petition through the BCNR because they can correct my DD-214 to Honorable and Medical, which the NDRB does not have authority to do.

I say all that to say, yes it can be changed/corrected by the NDRB or BCNR, but very very few get changed and ample evidence must be supplied. They don't change it because of a feel bad for me letter, or begging. Before my DD-214 was corrected, agencies would go through the motions but nothing ever serious, except for one PD that I received a job offer from but it was rescinded due to budget. Since it has been corrected, I was hired in 6-7 months, and I have been hired at 3 police departments since. That just addresses your DD-214 though. As for your medical portion, you are going to be seen by a Dr. that has the interests of the department in mind and I believe that has been thoroughly addressed.

That is my experience with my situation very similar to yours, although not exact.
                      "To hell with a supervisor, men follow a leader" -Texas Ranger Captain Allee

"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death."
                      -Sun Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by BaylorBearSW View Post
                        Ok, I'm going to pitch in here because I have a little personal experience here, although different from your story.

I enlisted in 2006, had a loss of consciouness during boot camp and was discharged for fraudulent enlistment because I had told them I had previously passed out, when I was about 12 years old when I had blood drawn. They asked me why I didn't disclose this at MEPS, and I told them I did and spoke with the Dr. about it, and even remembered the Dr. due to him having a unique name. (It was later discovered that my medical paperwork was outdated and the paperwork I had most recently filled out was nowhere to be found) They still alleged that I enlisted fraudulently and informed me I could retain counsel but would take 9 months or more that I would have to wait on depot for my case to be heard. I opted to not do that option, and decided to return back to college and petitioned through the NDRB, providing a great deal of evidence to the contrary of fraudulent enlistment. It took a little over a year but the NDRB corrected my DD-214 from fraudulent entry to erroneous entry, which means the error was on the part of the military and not me, but my characterization remained uncharacterized. In the reply from the NDRB they suggested that I now petition through the BCNR because they can correct my DD-214 to Honorable and Medical, which the NDRB does not have authority to do.

I say all that to say, yes it can be changed/corrected by the NDRB or BCNR, but very very few get changed and ample evidence must be supplied. They don't change it because of a feel bad for me letter, or begging. Before my DD-214 was corrected, agencies would go through the motions but nothing ever serious, except for one PD that I received a job offer from but it was rescinded due to budget. Since it has been corrected, I was hired in 6-7 months, and I have been hired at 3 police departments since. That just addresses your DD-214 though. As for your medical portion, you are going to be seen by a Dr. that has the interests of the department in mind and I believe that has been thoroughly addressed.

That is my experience with my situation very similar to yours, although not exact.
                        Actually your situation was the exact opposite of the original poster

YOU were forthright with the people at MEPS and THEY screwed up----when you proved that fact, the REASON for discharge was changed

SHOWTIME omitted information specifically asked after being told to do so by his recruiter. In other word HE SCREWED UP, not the military.

Apples to Kumquats

Glad you got yours corrected

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                          Actually your situation was the exact opposite of the original poster

YOU were forthright with the people at MEPS and THEY screwed up----when you proved that fact, the REASON for discharge was changed

SHOWTIME omitted information specifically asked after being told to do so by his recruiter. In other word HE SCREWED UP, not the military.

Apples to Kumquats

Glad you got yours corrected
                          My medical records speaks differently.

Comment

Someone needs to look over my medical history regarding this issue and it will show that nothing was ever wrong with me.

Comment

What does your medical records have to do with you failing to report a prior medical problem???????????

NOTE I did not state a prior medical diagnosis------------------

Well ---------------lets just parse your own words to us.........................

Back in 2003, I had rectal bleeding and wasn't sure what it was from.

You had a medical problem

I went to the Doctor to try and figure out what was wrong with me and they performed a colonoscopy test which lead to no diagnostic findings.

You had a medical procedure to diagnosis your problem----the doctor did not find a medical reason why you had a problem.

That does not mean you didn't have a prior medical problem----it just means the doctor couldn't find a reason for your medical problem in 2003

When I went to talk to a recruiter back in 2005 to join the Marines. I told my recruiter that I had this situation in 2003 and since my Doctor told me that there was no diagnostic findings that I was pretty much normal and that it wasn't a concern.

You told the recruiter of your problem
                              You didn't think you needed to tell anyone else

then you went on with your life until you AGAIN had a medical problem -----my question is

DID YOU TELL MEPS ABOUT YOUR PRIOR PROBLEM--?????????

So when I went to MCRD I wanted to try and get medicine because I developed having IBS and every time that I became nervous I would always need to use the restroom. I went to the Doctor when I was in basic and they have me medicine to calm my stomach down so it didn't act up. Since taking the medicine that was given to me had really helped and when I entered the 3rd phase I ran out of medicine and returned to the Doctor to try to get more medicine so I could get by basic training. The Doctor wanted to find out why my stomach was acting the way that it was. At the time my father was point of contact incase of emergencies so they contacted him to let him know that testing of colonoscopy was going to be given again.

When my father was told this was going to be done, he brought up the testing that I got done in 2003 and that the doctor said that there was no diagnostic findings and that my recruiter knew about it.

Your father ratted you out for not telling the Corps about your prior medical problem and testing

By not telling them of your prior medical problems---------------you committed fraud .

So since the test that was prior to the one in basic training I received an Entry Level Separation from the Marines with Uncharacterized being the Character of service with a separation code of JDA1 with the Reentry code being RE-3F and the narrative reasoning for this is Fraudulent Entry into the Military Service because of the test before. During a background investigation, this will obviously show up and because of my discharge would this hurt me because of the Fraud Entry label. Is there any way that I would get hired if I am able to explain my case. I would really appreciate it if someone could really help me. Thanks!
                              you are welcome

Comment

As Iowa points out you were bleeding out your anus, which is why you went to the doc in the first place. The fact that you claim nothing was found doesn't change the fact that YOU knew you had a problem or you wouldn't have been there. People don't walk around bleeding out the arse for no reason.

MEPS didn't ask you if you had any diagnoses from a doctor stating you had a problem. They asked you if you had any medical problems. ANY medical problems.

You lied by omission.

It's not unrecoverable. It's not the end of the world.

What IS unrecoverable is your inability to take responsibility for your own actions. Your time in the Corps should have taught you that if nothing else... but apparently did not.

Your dishonestly got you kicked out of one profession. Until you correct that shortcoming you aren't welcome in this one.
                                "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5032 users online. 312 members and 4720 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X