X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Showtime0811
    replied
    Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
    A review won't take place. Changing an RE code only occurs when the military made a mistake. THEY did not. You were discharged for not meeting the standards and the RE-3 means you are unable to serve in the military.
    And don't even bother your Congressman. They have NO power to overturn UNLESS the branch made an error, which they did not.
    I was already told by the Marine Corp and Coast Guard because I was looking around and they told me that I could indeed reenlist into the service but it would need a waiver and to be cleared by a Doctor which I already have been.

Leave a comment:

• CCCSD
    replied
    A review won't take place. Changing an RE code only occurs when the military made a mistake. THEY did not. You were discharged for not meeting the standards and the RE-3 means you are unable to serve in the military.
    And don't even bother your Congressman. They have NO power to overturn UNLESS the branch made an error, which they did not.

Leave a comment:

• eaker995
    replied
    Originally posted by J2H
    As far as my fellow cops were concerned in the Air Force, a Criminal Justice degree was the "go to" degree when we couldn't figure out what we wanted to do in life (most places a degree in CJ isn't a requirement for entry into service)... I myself was a CJ student, then went into IT, now I am taking pre-seminary courses.
    I've noticed many do the same thing or think it will help. I've mentioned before that I lurk on here and only recently started posting but I post quite a bit on another police site. One member there put out a challenge no one has taken on. Name just one agency that REQUIRES a CJ degree to get hired.

Many agencies will give credit in either more pay or the like but agencies that want college will accept nearly any degree. A CJ degree mainly just gives insight into the law enforcement field but really no more than a police academy will. So a CJ degree is one that is a very specific field that is not required for any job specifically and may or may not help you get a job. Many other degrees help much more to advance or get into investigations or even federal work but the biggest thing is to have something to fall back on especially the way society is going right now with officers losing their jobs for very minor issues but a public outcry. Let's not even mention that only 2%, roughly, of applicants will ever make a career out of this profession.

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat06
    replied
    Originally posted by Showtime0811 View Post
    I'm not a criminal .
    Fraudulent Entry into the Military Service is a criminal offense. Surprised that CID/OSI/NCIS didn't have a chat with you......

Lucky you didn't end up being Court Marshalled.

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat06
    replied
    I never lied.
    As someone that has done tons of BI's......your 214 says it all. You got tossed from the military for Fraudulent Entry into the Military Service.

There are 100s of folks that don't have that on their 214 that will get hired before anyone things about remotely talking to you....

Deal with it...as that is a fact of life......

Find a new career field...

Leave a comment:

• Country_Jim
    replied
    Originally posted by eaker995 View Post
    *sigh* I'll do it. I haven't needed to say anything since the others were covering it quite well.

Go ahead and stay on your educational track. In fact, go for a BA in Criminal Justice. You obviously have a handle on your career and future. Start applying to agencies and be sure to tell them that I said it was all ok and that you heard it on Officer.com. I'm sure they will be glad to know you reached out to others and will in no way judge you for that.

But.....just in case the agencies deny you for WHATEVER the reason is, since is obviously not your background or medical issues, you may want to gain experience in other fields so that you can at least put food on the table while you appeal the interview boards decision and the hiring official. Best of luck.

Spot on advice.

Leave a comment:

• eaker995
    replied
    *sigh* I'll do it. I haven't needed to say anything since the others were covering it quite well.

Go ahead and stay on your educational track. In fact, go for a BA in Criminal Justice. You obviously have a handle on your career and future. Start applying to agencies and be sure to tell them that I said it was all ok and that you heard it on Officer.com. I'm sure they will be glad to know you reached out to others and will in no way judge you for that.

But.....just in case the agencies deny you for WHATEVER the reason is, since is obviously not your background or medical issues, you may want to gain experience in other fields so that you can at least put food on the table while you appeal the interview boards decision and the hiring official. Best of luck.

Leave a comment:

• PhilipCal
    replied
    You err when you compare yourself to others, especially those who in your mind have done worse. If and when you apply, you will be judged on your qualifications to be hired, disqualified, or non-selected.

We've spent considerable time attempting to counsel and advise you relative to questions YOU raised. I personally don't propose to cover all that ground yet again.

To once more put a point to all of our discussion. Currently, and for reasons which you're well aware, you're not even a marginal candidate, let alone a competitive or attractive one. Don't really believe we can make that any plainer to you.

Leave a comment:

• Showtime0811
    replied
    Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
    Maybe you should have researched the profession and it's requirements FIRST
    Well I'm not a criminal so that's a plus. I'm sure there are worse case scenarios than my situation and people have been hired in a Law Enforcement capacity. Hopefully it will work itself out. Thanks though for everyone's input.

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    . I am sorry that I come off that way as defensive, don't mean to. Just frustrated that I have put so much time and effort into school to achieve my degree in LE that this military DD214 may haunt me forever.
    Maybe you should have researched the profession and it's requirements FIRST

Leave a comment:

• Showtime0811
    replied
    Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
    Ya know, there's not a single individual on these boards who's never screwed up. That sure as hell includes me. In reading your increasingly defensive, minimizing replies though, I'm beginning to believe you come from one of those delusional venues such as Hillary's Village, Obamaville, Bidenberg, or some place where reality is only occasional, and something to be avoided at all costs.

Each reply you have received is evidence of an accurate, straight from the shoulder, no holds barred perspective. It's our obligation to tell you (and every poster) the truth. It's your responsibility to accept and deal with the truth we've presented to you.

Now you can eat crap, bark at the moon, dance around the issue all you want, but when all the smoke clears and the dust settles, the issue will still be there. It ain't going away Pal, not anytime soon.

I'd like you to show me(us) where we're obliged to dance around the truth, tell you what you want to hear, tell you everything's going to be OK. and that there really is an Easter Bunny. If you can show me that, then I'll happily retract everything I've said to you.
    . I am sorry that I come off that way as defensive, don't mean to. Just frustrated that I have put so much time and effort into school to achieve my degree in LE that this military DD214 may haunt me forever.

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    your attempt to send me a private message.
    I don't accept UNSOLICITED PM's from people I don't know

Any information you wish to impart on me can be done in this thread so EVERYONE has a chance to give their input

Leave a comment:

• PhilipCal
    replied
    Military Discharge Help.

Ya know, there's not a single individual on these boards who's never screwed up. That sure as hell includes me. In reading your increasingly defensive, minimizing replies though, I'm beginning to believe you come from one of those delusional venues such as Hillary's Village, Obamaville, Bidenberg, or some place where reality is only occasional, and something to be avoided at all costs.

Each reply you have received is evidence of an accurate, straight from the shoulder, no holds barred perspective. It's our obligation to tell you (and every poster) the truth. It's your responsibility to accept and deal with the truth we've presented to you.

Now you can eat crap, bark at the moon, dance around the issue all you want, but when all the smoke clears and the dust settles, the issue will still be there. It ain't going away Pal, not anytime soon.

I'd like you to show me(us) where we're obliged to dance around the truth, tell you what you want to hear, tell you everything's going to be OK. and that there really is an Easter Bunny. If you can show me that, then I'll happily retract everything I've said to you.

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    Well I never lied and my medical documentation backs that.
    DID YOU OMIT information?

If you did that CAN be considered a lie by omission--------------------

You are starting to make a very serious mistake on this forum----------you have been given the information you have asked for, but since it is not to your liking, you want to question the information minutely and then you start to justify what you did back in 2003 that you have been told is probably unacceptable.

The bottom line is , YOU SCREWED UP. Accept the fact that you screwed up and live with the consequences of that mistake.

You MIGHT or MIGHT NOT be hirable in Law Enforcement-----We don't know-----

Leave a comment:

• Country_Jim
    replied
    You have received accurate information from my colleagues, yet you continue to justify the fact that you were not honest at MEPS. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but in law enforcement, omission of information is considered the same as lying. If I were you, I would talk to recruiters from diffrent departments and find out which ones you are not automatically disqualified from. I would then applly with them and be one hundred percent honest.

Good luck in your endeavors.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4992 users online. 326 members and 4666 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X