300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
    Short answer : No, probably not. What we're attempting to convey to you is the very real possibility that your condition could be grounds to disqualify you for employment as a Police Officer. Left untreated, uncorrected, you still have a medical problem.

Keep in mind that any physician who examines you in connection with your prospective employment as a Police Officer, will do so in terms of agency medical standards and qualifications. If your condition in anyway compromises or detracts from your ability(s) to perform the duties of an Officer, these facts will be reported to the agency to which you apply.

Once more, I commend you to the replies of my colleagues. They have more than answered your questions.
    Thanks for your input.

Comment

You can find other ways to serve, maybe Firefighter (except for the medical condition which could DQ from that), Security Officers.
      Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
      USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
      "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
      Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

Originally posted by Showtime0811 View Post
        Fraudulent Entry into the Military Service
        Find a different career path. Too many Vets out that dont have this on their records that will be hired before you are even thought about being hired.....
        "It ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward...."

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat06 View Post
          Find a different career path. Too many Vets out that dont have this on their records that will be hired before you are even thought about being hired.....
          Well I never lied and my medical documentation backs that. Hopefully the Naval Review Board will look into this and get my narrative reasoning changed.

Comment

I'm going to try this once more. Any agency to which you apply is going to evaluate you medically as to your current/present fitness to perform the duties of a police officer. Now you can appeal to as many review boards you as you choose, and fight the battle of verbiage and semantics.

Your present and most pressing mission as I see it, is to address the condition you've alluded to. As I noted to you in a previous post, your condition could be a disqualifier for you from a medical perspective, and this would include any physcological issues which may be related to your condition.

Your "discharge" under the conditions you cite is normal unless you've served a minimum of 180 days. (As I recall).This fact, coupled with the medical issues we've been discussing could also act as a reason for an agency to elect not to employ you.

Am I advising you not to apply? No, I am not. What I, along with my colleagues have attempted to advise you, is the very distinct possibility that your situation uncorrected, could act as a bar to your employment.

Those are the facts you're going to have to deal with. Did I mention a Naval Review Board? Don't believe I did. You did.

Comment

You have received accurate information from my colleagues, yet you continue to justify the fact that you were not honest at MEPS. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but in law enforcement, omission of information is considered the same as lying. If I were you, I would talk to recruiters from diffrent departments and find out which ones you are not automatically disqualified from. I would then applly with them and be one hundred percent honest.

Good luck in your endeavors.

Comment

Well I never lied and my medical documentation backs that.
                DID YOU OMIT information?

If you did that CAN be considered a lie by omission--------------------

You are starting to make a very serious mistake on this forum----------you have been given the information you have asked for, but since it is not to your liking, you want to question the information minutely and then you start to justify what you did back in 2003 that you have been told is probably unacceptable.

The bottom line is , YOU SCREWED UP. Accept the fact that you screwed up and live with the consequences of that mistake.

You MIGHT or MIGHT NOT be hirable in Law Enforcement-----We don't know-----
                Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Military Discharge Help.

Ya know, there's not a single individual on these boards who's never screwed up. That sure as hell includes me. In reading your increasingly defensive, minimizing replies though, I'm beginning to believe you come from one of those delusional venues such as Hillary's Village, Obamaville, Bidenberg, or some place where reality is only occasional, and something to be avoided at all costs.

Each reply you have received is evidence of an accurate, straight from the shoulder, no holds barred perspective. It's our obligation to tell you (and every poster) the truth. It's your responsibility to accept and deal with the truth we've presented to you.

Now you can eat crap, bark at the moon, dance around the issue all you want, but when all the smoke clears and the dust settles, the issue will still be there. It ain't going away Pal, not anytime soon.

I'd like you to show me(us) where we're obliged to dance around the truth, tell you what you want to hear, tell you everything's going to be OK. and that there really is an Easter Bunny. If you can show me that, then I'll happily retract everything I've said to you.

Comment

your attempt to send me a private message.
                    I don't accept UNSOLICITED PM's from people I don't know

Any information you wish to impart on me can be done in this thread so EVERYONE has a chance to give their input
                    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
                      Ya know, there's not a single individual on these boards who's never screwed up. That sure as hell includes me. In reading your increasingly defensive, minimizing replies though, I'm beginning to believe you come from one of those delusional venues such as Hillary's Village, Obamaville, Bidenberg, or some place where reality is only occasional, and something to be avoided at all costs.

Each reply you have received is evidence of an accurate, straight from the shoulder, no holds barred perspective. It's our obligation to tell you (and every poster) the truth. It's your responsibility to accept and deal with the truth we've presented to you.

Now you can eat crap, bark at the moon, dance around the issue all you want, but when all the smoke clears and the dust settles, the issue will still be there. It ain't going away Pal, not anytime soon.

I'd like you to show me(us) where we're obliged to dance around the truth, tell you what you want to hear, tell you everything's going to be OK. and that there really is an Easter Bunny. If you can show me that, then I'll happily retract everything I've said to you.
                      . I am sorry that I come off that way as defensive, don't mean to. Just frustrated that I have put so much time and effort into school to achieve my degree in LE that this military DD214 may haunt me forever.

Comment

. I am sorry that I come off that way as defensive, don't mean to. Just frustrated that I have put so much time and effort into school to achieve my degree in LE that this military DD214 may haunt me forever.
                        Maybe you should have researched the profession and it's requirements FIRST

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                          Maybe you should have researched the profession and it's requirements FIRST
                          Well I'm not a criminal so that's a plus. I'm sure there are worse case scenarios than my situation and people have been hired in a Law Enforcement capacity. Hopefully it will work itself out. Thanks though for everyone's input.

Comment

You err when you compare yourself to others, especially those who in your mind have done worse. If and when you apply, you will be judged on your qualifications to be hired, disqualified, or non-selected.

We've spent considerable time attempting to counsel and advise you relative to questions YOU raised. I personally don't propose to cover all that ground yet again.

To once more put a point to all of our discussion. Currently, and for reasons which you're well aware, you're not even a marginal candidate, let alone a competitive or attractive one. Don't really believe we can make that any plainer to you.

Comment

*sigh* I'll do it. I haven't needed to say anything since the others were covering it quite well.

Go ahead and stay on your educational track. In fact, go for a BA in Criminal Justice. You obviously have a handle on your career and future. Start applying to agencies and be sure to tell them that I said it was all ok and that you heard it on Officer.com. I'm sure they will be glad to know you reached out to others and will in no way judge you for that.

But.....just in case the agencies deny you for WHATEVER the reason is, since is obviously not your background or medical issues, you may want to gain experience in other fields so that you can at least put food on the table while you appeal the interview boards decision and the hiring official. Best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by eaker995 View Post
                                *sigh* I'll do it. I haven't needed to say anything since the others were covering it quite well.

Go ahead and stay on your educational track. In fact, go for a BA in Criminal Justice. You obviously have a handle on your career and future. Start applying to agencies and be sure to tell them that I said it was all ok and that you heard it on Officer.com. I'm sure they will be glad to know you reached out to others and will in no way judge you for that.

But.....just in case the agencies deny you for WHATEVER the reason is, since is obviously not your background or medical issues, you may want to gain experience in other fields so that you can at least put food on the table while you appeal the interview boards decision and the hiring official. Best of luck.

Spot on advice.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6428 users online. 389 members and 6039 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X