300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detention Officer

Do detention officers carry guns? If not can you still become a detention officer with a juvenile felony even with prior corrections experience? I want to work as a detention officer (not a police officer) where I don't carry a gun but not sure if a juvenile felony will still stop me? I'm still unsure if a felony will bar you from working in a jail period. Anything will help.

The juvenile felony would prevent you in Iowa

I think most states would be the same
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

The juvenile felony would prevent you in Iowa

I think most states would be the same

Seems you forgot to mention the FELONY in this thread..............................

http://forums.officer.com/t195919/#post3530997
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

Sir with all do respect I stated in that thread that as far as I was concerned a gang enhancement is a felony, which is what I have.

Comment

Detention Officer

Seems that we discussed this "Gang Enhancement" just a few days ago. As at least two of us noted to you then, Gang Enhancements are not added to an arrest record casually or lightly. While you're under no obligation to advise this forum of any aspects of your past, you will be required to fully disclose any past arrests, either as a juvenile or an adult.

As I noted to you in a previous post, juvenile arrests are not typically adjudicated with a guilty/not guilty finding. In determining your suitability for employment, a given LE would judge you in what we term a "totality of circumstances". In your particular case, a Gang Enhancement is very likely to torpedo any chance you might at employment with a LE agency in ANY capacity.

Comment

Originally posted by comisteven89 View Post
            Sir with all do respect I stated in that thread that as far as I was concerned a gang enhancement is a felony, which is what I have.
            But you NEVER stated you were CHARGED with a felony...........................don't try splitting hairs

Comment

Sir I'm not here to argue but to simply ask a question. Advise is what I was seeking, which you had answered, thank you.

Comment

And Sir, your question has been answered.

Comment

What a load of bullcrap. You intentionally worded it in a way to make it sound like you felt bad about it, hence the "as far as i'm concerned". It doesn't matter what you feel about the situation, what matters is that it WAS AND IS STILL a felony.

You come on here and hide behind your wording to a bunch of people that you will never meet, and you can't shoot straight and be honest here? We all know that means you will try to hide it. And be PDQ'ed.

Comment

Good job shush, philipcal and Iowa #1603. Round of applause for you all. You did your cop detecting work and figured my life out from an internet post. You guys are awesome.

Comment

That's why we are cops and you aren't.
                      Go home now.
                      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

I am at home sir

Comment

Good job shush, philipcal and Iowa #1603. Round of applause for you all. You did your cop detecting work and figured my life out from an internet post. You guys are awesome.
                          Most trained investigators can ferret out Bull Excrement from a mile off.

A trainee could have figured you out.

Comment

Nothing like a little snarkiness from the clown who asked the question in the first place. Well, nothing has changed. Here is yet one more self entitled crybaby seeking validation for past screw ups. If you can't handle the truth, don't ask the question there Slick.

You're not the most disingenious ding-bat to visit us this month, but you're damned close. OK, here it is once more Junior. You got a "Gang Enhancement" added to your already less than stellar record. As a matter of policy, LE agencies don't hire gang-bangers in ANY capacity.

Comment

Prisons and Jails have enough problems w/ gangs to hire a CO or Detention officer with that kind of history.
                              Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4070 users online. 266 members and 3804 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X