300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have an interview this Friday...

I'll take a day off work but it is worth it.

I got a call from a detective from the last process I was in (which I did not make the cut unfortunately)...he told me it's an interview regarding my psych exam

What exactly can I expect? Thank you.

Anyone can give me suggestions?

Comment

so it is an interview about a job that you have already been non selected for.....................

I don't understand why?
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

No idea. The psych is a medical issue which police officers lack the expertise and training necessary to properly evaluate. Is it possible you got DQed on the psych because you confessed to criminal conduct the detective is now investigating?
        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
          so it is an interview about a job that you have already been non selected for.....................

I don't understand why?
          Not sure either
          Just wanted to know if anyone had to deal with It, and what exactly is the point...

L-1 I passed the background as far as I know, and I only was DQ because of the Psych and because there were other better candidates and I was the youngest one in the group...but I don't know. I have no idea why they would call me in to discuss it. I mean what exactly is there to discuss about? The academy started in late September?

Comment

Yea it makes no sense....................that is why no one responded
            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

The question really makes no sense. Departments typically refrain from discussing DQ issues with applicants.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
                The question really makes no sense. Departments typically refrain from discussing DQ issues with applicants.
                Well he left me a message and it was the detective, and told me to call him back
                I called him back and he said if I was still set on joining the next class, I said "yes". He told me
                "Come in for an interview Friday morning, and we'll discuss your Psych results".

I mean I'm pretty sure the director called me ages back and specifically said I was DQ because of my psych....very confused.

Comment

I guess you will find out Friday then. There is nothing anyone can tell you here that will enlighten you as to the reasoning.

Comment

Originally posted by MCR1 View Post
                    Well he left me a message and it was the detective, and told me to call him back
                    I called him back and he said if I was still set on joining the next class, I said "yes". He told me
                    "Come in for an interview Friday morning, and we'll discuss your Psych results".

I mean I'm pretty sure the director called me ages back and specifically said I was DQ because of my psych....very confused.
                    Is this for an actual JOB or just entry into an academy? One that YOU are paying for-------------

Comment

Is this for an actual JOB or just entry into an academy? One that YOU are paying for-------------
                      I have the interview in a few hours
                      To answer your question it is a mixture of both.

you have to go through normal police process. The job is a reserve officer. My county has a program. I don't get paid but we still carry and have to go through the academy for 6 months. You have to pay for the academy but when you graduate your a reserve officer for the county

Comment

Originally posted by MCR1 View Post
                        I have the interview in a few hours
                        To answer your question it is a mixture of both.

you have to go through normal police process. The job is a reserve officer. My county has a program. I don't get paid but we still carry and have to go through the academy for 6 months. You have to pay for the academy but when you graduate your a reserve officer for the county
                        Yea , still confused about why they would be calling you back

Comment

Yea , still confused about why they would be calling you back
                          Only thing I can guess is that they DQed him and then changed their minds. It happened at my PD to one of our Officers a couple of years ago when he was applying.

Comment

Damn nice of them to put you through all this BS to do this job for free. Too think I was that excited once to work for free. Now I wouldn't even think to do this for free. Hope it works out for you and leads to bigger things down the road!!
                            MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

UPDATE:
                              I guess I was wrong. Apparently I did not get DQ from the Psychological. I didn't get DQ at all. I was held on deferred so the deputy chief can speak to me and understand where the process is. I was not chosen for this class because
                              1) Youngest...when I applied I was only 20 (you have to be 21 in my state for a pistol) (I'm 21 now)
                              2) The higher brass was worried of how I would do in the academic portion of the academy
                              3) He said I passed everything and I am guaranteed a spot in the next class if I pass everything again

Wish me luck everyone.
                              No, I do not get paid...but you know what? I have to start off somewhere. It is nearly impossible to find a job as a young kid. They don't want to take their chances hiring some young snot nosed kid if they can hire mid 20's to early 30's veterans, or people who are actually experienced. If I can do this for just 6 months - 1 year and get hired as full time somewhere else at a Sheriff's Office (jail or patrol), then I can gain more experience and aim for the goal I truly want: State Police

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6066 users online. 321 members and 5745 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X