Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You DO know that Blue Falcon is not a good thing, right? That is, IF you really WERE in the Marines...

Comment

Originally posted by MrWesley View Post
      Hmmm, I was gonna engage into a verbal argument with you PhilipCal.
      Well, **** the bed. That statement there is enough to convince me of your poor judgement skills

One other thing...in reference to the "not a criminal" statements: In the eyes of my state you are, in fact, a convicted criminal. Traffic offenses are criminal in nature. Granted it is not a major crime, but it is a crime.
      In God We Trust
      Everyone else we run local and NCIC

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Blue View Post
        Well, **** the bed. That statement there is enough to convince me of your poor judgement skills

One other thing...in reference to the "not a criminal" statements: In the eyes of my state you are, in fact, a convicted criminal. Traffic offenses are criminal in nature. Granted it is not a major crime, but it is a crime.
        Ok but to play devils advocate in many other states he has never done anything criminal... In New Jersey a DWI isn't even criminal.

That said you have an uphill battle to say the least. I have had tickets in my past but I NEVER have been suspended and sure as heck wouldn't have driven while suspended multiple times. That shows a blatant disregard for the law. And no one will ever believe that you didn't drive suspended more than the times you got caught .... You sir are a liability
        NYPD Exam 2302 (July, 2011) - 9x.xxx
        List number (December, 2011) - 2xx
        APD -???

Comment

Originally posted by LSUTiger9314 View Post
          Ok but to play devils advocate in many other states he has never done anything criminal... In New Jersey a DWI isn't even criminal.
          You see that doesn't matter...............................

When doing a background investigation the investigator uses the standard of the state in which they work to decide what is and what is not a crime.

In Iowa (for example) all traffic charges are criminal in nature. Therefore if an applicant received a citation in a state where they are mere infractions---that fact doesn't matter because the investigator will look at them in light of the Iowa standard.

Another place this comes in to play is true criminal acts. What might be a misdemeanor in say Texas just might be a felony in Iowa. The Iowa background investigator will look at that as a felony charge/conviction even tho it was not a felony in Texas.

As far as answering posts in this forum most of us answer from our point of view-------as in the way things are done in our state
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

The statement is also a little disengenuous. because it is still considered a serious violation that puts you in front of a judge, and it is punishable by a fine and/or incarceration. Calling it a "traffic violation" or whatever does not mitigate anything.

Comment

Title says it all. I got my license at 17(I'll be 25 Nov 5th), I've had many speeding tickets. I've had my license suspended for not paying a fine, and then points. I went to driving school for them. Fast forward, I'm 25 now, and in the past 4 years, I've had only 3 tickets. 1 was for speeding in Ohio on the highway, 65 in a 55(Feb 2013), I received my next two tickets at once. They were driving without license on person and no tag(In Dallas, GA Apr 2013). My court date was set 1 month later. I fixed the tag and showed proof of my license, unfortunately Ohio suspended my license cause I didn't pay.

Since it was valid when I was pulled over I got charged with No License On Person($800 fine) and No Tag($150 fine). I paid my fines and reinstated my license.

Now I know my chances are slim to none with getting hired at a department. Except maybe ATL(I live in Georgia).. What my question is, would it be possibly to get hired as a Deputy Sheriff DO/Jailer, and work there for 3-5 years, then try to apply for a LEO position? Or are my chances just as slim?

I have applied this past week for Clayton, Cobb, DeKalb, Bartow, Forsyth, Fulton, and Gwinnett.

There is no excuse for my poor decisions I made. But my only goal in life right now is to work as an LEO. Thanks do any advice and I'm sure small lecture I'll get.
              We've been hammered w/ lawsuits lately, to include a hot shot, 1 month out of FTO that KILLED a woman going code 3 for no reason. (he's been indicted) I wouldn't be so cocky about APD. Believe it or not we do have standards.
              Last edited by Zeitgeist; 10-15-2014, 11:12 AM.
              Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

Everything has been answered
                Last edited by MrWesley; 07-27-2019, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Comment

No Wesley, some Marines can't handle alcohol. Doubtful though if that includes you, as I'm not really certain you ever were a Marine.

Comment

Many times over have I been called a blue falcin .
                      Sounds kind of proud of that designation....................................... .........
                      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Comment

Well, why not? With such a "splendid" driving record, just about anything is possible. That he was EVER a Marine though, is highly doubtful.

Comment

Comment

Last edited by MrWesley; 07-27-2019, 12:26 AM.

Comment

How about you refraining from attempting to dictate what I do or not do on this site. I call em like I see em, and I (we) have got your number. Can't handle that, then maybe you should consider moving on. Your continual B.S. is starting to get a little old.

Were I the only one to have called you on your obvious B.S. that would be one thing, but you've managed to build a consensus, and much like your crappy MVH, you did it all by yourself. You're a piece of work. A total, confirmed scofflaw who now regales us with tales of his exploits as an MP.

Once more, be a politician, run for office. You might have a future there. The standards are really pretty lax, no background investigations, plenty of drunks, screw ups and traffic violators (Kennedy's) . You'd be right at home.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3068 users online. 197 members and 2871 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X