300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything has been answered
    Last edited by MrWesley; 07-27-2019, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrWesley View Post
      Last thing I wanted to mention, you act like I'm such a 'bad' person for speeding or getting my license suspended. It happens, I was just so happen to get caught speeding. I'm sure a good majority of you speed, maybe you're always lucky or get off because you're a LEO. Who knows...

THAT is the passive aggressive BS that WILL get you disqualified .

Do you think we do this for fun.................................our pressure here on an anonymous Internet site is NOTHING compared to what you will get from a Background Investigator who finds a chink to get into your skin during a hiring process. Add that to the pshrink that will tear you apart during the psychological section of the process

What WE do, or did--------------or any other peace officer does or did has absolutely NO bearing on YOU getting hired . YOUR background is on YOU not us. Our background has already been investigated and decided that it passes.................YOURS in the one in question.

Apply all you want--------------------you will anyway.
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Wesley, the Marines I know and knew, were (are) man/women enough not to make excuses, and go whining like a damned teenager when they're told the truth. How do I know about Marines? Well, I'll tell ya Pal, fifty years ago I was one.

Once more, it was YOU who asked. YOU received honest, straight from the shoulder, 100% accurate, spot on replies. In the words of Jack Nicholson's Marine Colonel, " You can't handle the truth". Further, I don't recall anyone telling you, you were a criminal. What we told you, what I'm telling you now is that you're simply not going to enter this profession any time soon, if at all, because of your totally crappy, driving record.

A record, which by the way, you built all by yourself. Now for Pete's sake have the guts to own up to that, and to realize that. Do that instead of acting like the self entitled, get a trophy just for showing up, snot nosed, whiney ***ed little sh...ts we're so used to on this site.

Comment

Last edited by MrWesley; 07-27-2019, 12:29 AM.

Comment

In no way shape or form did I try to justify or rationalize my MVR. I'm not sure where you got that from.

Also, I in no way disregarded what you all have said. I noted it and thanked you for your time & replies many times over.

With that said, I came in this forum knowing my chances are slim to none, I just wanted to hear everyone's thought. Whether you be State, Local, County, Corrections, or Detention Officer.

Why did I wanna do Law Enforcement? When I joined the Marines, I was apart of F.A.S.T Co. , we were a rapid deployment force, after I did a lat to MP K-9, and I really enjoyed my job. So I decided I would eventually try it out after getting out and acquiring a degree.

Last thing I wanted to mention, you act like I'm such a 'bad' person for speeding or getting my license suspended. It happens, I was just so happen to get caught speeding. I'm sure a good majority of you speed, maybe you're always lucky or get off because you're a LEO. Who knows...

Anyways I'll apply, it can't hurt. I may have to come back in 3-10 years and re-apply, so be it. But I just can't not try cause you all believe it to be trivial. I thank you all for reading, replying, and giving your opinion in a timely fashion. Thanks for your time.
            The ability to recall information is needed in law enforcement. Your wrote that I, "act like I'm such a bad person for speeding or getting my license suspended." I actually specifically wrote that not being suited for law enforcement does not make you a bad person. I took the liberty of posting the 10 attributes needed for a peace officer (as identified by California POST). They are as follows (I added some notes in bold print):

1. Integrity
            • Honesty
            • Impartiality
            • Trustworthiness
            • Protection of Confidential Information
            • Moral/Ethical Behavior
            2. Impulse Control/Attention to Safety I believe you'll have troubles in this section
            • Safe Driving Practices
            • Attention to Safety
            • Impulse/Anger Control
            3. Substance Abuse and Other Risk-Taking Behavior problems with risk taking behavior, multiple movers
            4. Stress Tolerance
            • Positive Attitude and Even Temper
            • Stress Tolerance and Recovery
            • Accepting Responsibility for Mistakes problems here too, you try to minimalize your mistakes
            5. Confronting and Overcoming Problems, Obstacles, and Adversity problems here too, repeated violations, lashing out at those who offer advice
            6. Conscientiousness
            • Dependability/Reliability
            • Personal Accountability and Responsibility already noted, problems here
            • Safeguarding and Maintaining Property, Equipment, and
            Belongings
            • Orderliness, Thoroughness, and Attention to Detail
            • Initiative and Drive
            • General Conscientiousness
            7. Interpersonal Skills
            • Social Sensitivity
            • Social Interest and Concern
            • Tolerance
            • Social Self-Confidence/Persuasiveness • Teamwork
            8. Decision-Making and Judgment I see problems here as well (driving on suspended license, multiple moving violations
            • Situation/Problem Analysis
            • Adherence to Policies and Regulations Problems here too
            • Response Appropriateness
            • Response Assessment
            9. Learning Ability
            10. Communication Skills
            • Oral Communication
            • Written Communication

I could go further in depth, I just wanted you to get an idea of what background investigators see. I should also note that I do not speed (unless work related), my family's safety isn't worth the risk.

Comment

Comment

But I do plan to run my resume, DD214, and printed MVR of past seven years to a few recruiters who emailed me and to some agency's to hear their thoughts tomorrow and Tuesday.
                Just remember the job of a RECRUITER is to get people to apply. They don't have Background Investigation duties NOR are they the appointing authority (the one who makes hiring decisions)

Supposedly you are ex Military----------------you should understand the recruiters will say anything

As to the rest of your above post......................you talk like that to a BI and you are going to be washed.
                Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Well, I do have Military Experience followed up by an Associates & Bachelors degree.
                  None of which cancels out your driving history. As noted above, there are insurance issues as well. We would not allow you to drive a work vehicle.

Comment

Here it is Wesley, you're nothing but a whining, snot slinging crybaby. Just one more self entitled, candy ***ed resident of Hillary's Village. If you were a Marine, and I tend to doubt that claim, you do no honor to the Corps or any branch of the Armed Forces for that matter.

Crap, you're just crying, snot slinging, and acting like a *****ing jerk because we told you the truth. A truth I previously noted, you're totally unable, or lacking in manhood and integrity to handle. Had one of us compelled you to compile your inexcusable, irresponsible, and totally unacceptable driving record, that would be one thing. But, no Pal, you did that yourself.

You'd have us believe that you accept responsibility for your ample evidence of disrespect for the law, the very law you now propose to enforce. The evidence points in a totally different direction as manifested by your consistent denial, rationalization,justification, and minimizing of a continued and still manifest disregard for the law.

No one here gives a rusty phuc whether you apply or not. What we've attempted to tell you, what you're not realistic enough to accept is the fact that NO law enforcement agency is going to touch you.

Comment

My agency ( a smaller one), would tell you to put at LEAST 10 years between the suspension and today. AT LEAST.. maybe longer. They may even not hire you.
                      The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                      that we are all that stands between
                      the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Comment

Shoot your best shot there Hot Rod. Smart money says you bilge in the BI. P.S. Anybody can make up a story (Your most recent post). Consider going into politics. You can have a crappy MVI like you. Hell you can even be a sure enough crook, do a little pot, sell a little, and live at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

See Wes, there's still some hope for you, but not in this profession.

Comment

Comment

Yeah, this may be my best shot right now. But I do believe I will get hired eventually, even if I have to wait 10 years. But thanks for your input, PhilipCal.
                              NOPD would probably give you a chance in 5 years. I will say this, you need to not screw up in the next 5 years. My agency would tell you kick rofcks.
                              sigpicMy statements do not represent my agency.

Comment

Bad Driving History.

Wes, in parting I'm going to offer you this. By the way it's the truth. What you came here for was validation. You wanted us to say, deny it though you will, "Oh it's okay Wes, we're actually looking for irresponsible scofflaws, people who either cannot or will not obey the law. We're actually looking for clowns who seek to minimize, justify, or rationalize exceedingly poor judgement, and equally poor decision making skills.

That's what you wanted, and when instead, we gave you the 100% truth, you reacted in a manner this forum has become very used to. We've discussed the many reasons no agency is likely to even consider you. we've discussed your less than mature reaction to our collective advice and comments concerning your prospects.

At the end of the day, that is YOUR problem, and you own it. Your Driver History sucks, your whole attitude sucks, If one of these negatives doesn't bilge you, the other one will. Now, whose damned problem is that.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4757 users online. 300 members and 4457 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X