300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expansion on previous question

Thanks again to everyone who gave me an answer about my previous concern regarding my background. Like I said in my previous post, I used marijuana 10 times the summer after high school. This is what I put on my academy application. After reviewing other posts I was hoping for a clarification; I put 10 times because I read the question to mean literal hits off of a joint, not total days used. These 10 hits were over 3 separate parties. Should I have put 3 or 10 on my application? Wanting to be honest I put the higher number so it wouldn't seem I was downplaying anything.

If someone smokes a cigarette, do they come back and say "I just smoked "(amount of drags)" cigarettes?

Comment

Originally posted by Amigo1342 View Post
      If someone smokes a cigarette, do they come back and say "I just smoked "(amount of drags)" cigarettes?
      No, however being that this is for a law enforcement academy application, I wanted to be as specific as possible. The LAST thing I would want is for a background investigator/polygrapher to sit down and talk about my use with me and think I had tried to downplay anything. I felt that the higher number was the safer route. This profession is fundamentally about integrity and I wanted to show that I have it.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jhighland View Post
          Thanks again to everyone who gave me an answer about my previous concern regarding my background. Like I said in my previous post, I used marijuana 10 times the summer after high school. This is what I put on my academy application. After reviewing other posts I was hoping for a clarification; I put 10 times because I read the question to mean literal hits off of a joint, not total days used. These 10 hits were over 3 separate parties. Should I have put 3 or 10 on my application? Wanting to be honest I put the higher number so it wouldn't seem I was downplaying anything.

You're splitting hairs. As I read it, you used ten times. That's what you've stated . That's what you should stick with. For further clarification, you should consult with any agency to which you apply, or to the academy you referenced. It is their take which will determine whether or not you meet the established "tolerance/experimentation" policy.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
            You're splitting hairs. As I read it, you used ten times. That's what you've stated . That's what you should stick with. For further clarification, you should consult with any agency to which you apply, or to the academy you referenced. It is their take which will determine whether or not you meet the established "tolerance/experimentation" policy.
            Thanks. Didn't mean to split hairs. I married into an LE family. My father in law has 25 years on and when I asked him about it he said go with the higher number because his agency's BI classifies use as a hit. The academy I'm applying to states they consider 25 times or less experimental (which I find to be quite high). Was just trying to be honest, not get into nitpicking.

Comment

Thanks. Didn't mean to split hairs. I married into an LE family. My father in law has 25 years on and when I asked him about it he said go with the higher number because his agency's BI classifies use as a hit. The academy I'm applying to states they consider 25 times or less experimental (which I find to be quite high). Was just trying to be honest, not get into nitpicking.
              Where are you applying?

Comment

My father in law has 25 years on and when I asked him about it he said go with the higher number because his agency's BI classifies use as a hit.
                So you had a subject matter expert telling you one thing and you didn't believe him---------------------

This isn't rocket science...........................just answer the question truthfully..........................and once you answer it what ever way you decide----------own your answer
                Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

25 times is experimental? How many ****ing times do you need to hit yourself in the head with a hammer to experiment if it's going to hurt?
                  No wonder this new generation of cops pretty much suck at life...
                  Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Expansion on previous question.

I have a question for you. Why is it that after hearing your answer from someone in the know, you continue to question? Without going through the collective wisdom of the whole thread, I'm really beginning to question your reading comprehension. Read these replies once more, please.

Your question has been answered, multiple times and correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
                      I have a question for you. Why is it that after hearing your answer from someone in the know, you continue to question? Without going through the collective wisdom of the whole thread, I'm really beginning to question your reading comprehension. Read these replies once more, please.

Your question has been answered, multiple times and correctly.
                      Yeah, I read into it too much. A couple years ago I was doing research while I was finishing my thesis for my masters degree and I think that mindset of wanting to be overly specific caused me to want clarification. I thank you all for your insight.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5877 users online. 329 members and 5548 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X