300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic DQ?

So I plan on beginning the whole process of becoming a police officer at a later date and was wondering if I would be either DQ'ed or have a very hard time of being accepted due to the fact that at one time I had to sell marijuna for a short time to a friends so that my family members and I would be able to have gas money/food on the table. I couldn't get a normal job because at the time I had a life threatening condition that literally did not allow me too. I was receiving government assistance, it still was not enough though as no one else in my family was working and we couldn't make ends meet and assistance was pretty much maxed out.

I certainly am not gonna go in to take the polygraph and lie about this and I understand why someone wouldn't be able to take a chance on me but I wanted to know if I even stand a chance to get hired?

Yep, I don't see your chances going anywhere.
    Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
    “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
    “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

George Washington, (1732-1799)
    "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Originally posted by Country_Jim
    ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

Comment

The background is not a weighing of good against bad. Instead, it seeks to determine if there is anything in your personal history that meets the criteria for DQ. You can hold the Congressional Medal of Honor, speak six languages, have several college degrees, volunteer your time to charitable groups, be a solid church member yet, all of that combined will not make up for one DQ factor.

You are a DQ.
      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

The sale of illegal drugs will be an automatic disqualification at ANY Law Enforcement Agency that I have ever heard of.

Period.

End of story
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I noticed that your location states you are in California....were you thinking of crossing the border and becoming a police officer in Mexico by any chance? I don't think you would be disqualified from any agency there based on your background. As long as you agreed to pay the various cartels their cut of your profits and accept bribes on a regular basis, you would fit in quite nicely there. Don't expect any kind of retirement plan though...

Comment

So..... You had a life threatening illness that wouldn't allow you to get a job sitting somewhere, but you were able to arrange for drug shipments, pick ups, sales, security, et al...

I really wish people would come up with a believable story.

Go away.
            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
              The sale of illegal drugs will be an automatic disqualification at ANY Law Enforcement Agency that I have ever heard of.

Period.

End of story
              What he said

Comment

The sale of a controlled substance is an automatic DQ in Alabama. You'll find that this pretty well applies across the board in all fifty states. Try politics. You can use it, you can sell it. Won't hurt you a bit.

Comment

I stopped reading when I saw you had to sell marijuana. Normally that's illegal, but if you had to, well, who can really argue. I'm sure you'll be OK.

Comment

1W2ECX8H.jpeg

Perhaps you might want to consider selling ice cream
                    In God We Trust
                    Everyone else we run local and NCIC

Comment

Not here, perm DQ. My co worker was so poor as a child that they went 1 year w/o power. Inner city. He didn't sell weed. There are other options, and if you had a life threatening illness, I'm wondering if the residual effects of it may DQ you physically.
                      Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Blue View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]12107[/ATTACH]

Perhaps you might want to consider selling ice cream
                        OMG.......................

Lady, You are the MAN !!!!!!!
                        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by The White Horse View Post
                          So I plan on beginning the whole process of becoming a police officer at a later date and was wondering if I would be either DQ'ed or have a very hard time of being accepted due to the fact that at one time I had to sell marijuna for a short time to a friends so that my family members and I would be able to have gas money/food on the table. I couldn't get a normal job because at the time I had a life threatening condition that literally did not allow me too. I was receiving government assistance, it still was not enough though as no one else in my family was working and we couldn't make ends meet and assistance was pretty much maxed out.

I certainly am not gonna go in to take the polygraph and lie about this and I understand why someone wouldn't be able to take a chance on me but I wanted to know if I even stand a chance to get hired?
                          Just because
                          Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5184 users online. 177 members and 5007 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X