Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taking PELLETB written test two days apart? (California)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking PELLETB written test two days apart? (California)

1) I am scheduled to take the PELLETB with a city department on Oct 4th. Today, I was asked by a different department to come take their PELLETB on Oct 6th. What is the correct procedure here? Will I have a "T-score" on the 4th that I can forward immediately to the city I am testing with on the 6th? If it takes longer than 2 days to get my T-score from my test on the 4th, does this mean I cannot test on the 6th? I understand I am not supposed to take this test more than once within 30 days so I do not want to simply sign up for the 4th and 6th tests and take both like nothing is wrong. What is the best move -- call the second city and tell them I will be using my score from the 4th (even though I do not have it yet)?

2) Is the written test of Orange County Sheriff (CA) the PELLETB? I have already passed this one -- no mention of it being the PELLETB, but want to be sure. If it is, how do I get my T-score?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

California POST PELLETB FAQS

9. Can an applicant take the exam multiple times?

Yes, however, before an applicant can retest, the applicant must wait for a period of one month (30 calendar days) before taking the exam again. This applies even if the exam is taken through a different department/agency than the original exam.

10. How are test results processed?

All answer sheets are sent to POST for processing. Upon receipt, POST electronically scans the answer sheets and renders a score report which includes a breakdown of each applicant’s reading, writing, and total T-scores. The score report is sent to the agency (either as a hard copy or electronically, depending on the agency’s preference) within 5 business days.

12. How are test results reported to applicants?

As indicated in the POST Security Agreement, all agencies/academies that use the PELLETB are required to provide each applicant with a T- score breakdown that includes the individual applicant’s reading, writing, and total T-scores. The score breakdown must be provided to the applicant in writing on agency/academy letterhead within 30 days of the test administration. POST does not provide T-scores to applicants.

I do not believe that OC Sheriff use POST PELLETB for written exam.

Comment

Thanks Usman.

Another issue just came up:

I am invited to two PAT's at exactly the same time and day. They cannot be rescheduled. However, they are exactly the same events (99 yard course, 165lb drag, 2 6ft walls, 500 yard run). Is there a way to use one PAT to cover the other, similar to how the written T-score can be used pan-department?

Thanks!

Comment

Your best bet is to contact the recruiting unit of the agencies you are applying to and ask them.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6571 users online. 348 members and 6223 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X