Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I a qualified applicant and would you hire me?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I a qualified applicant and would you hire me?

Edited..........................
    Last edited by Usman_ash14; 03-26-2015, 10:44 PM.

What education institution or authorities issued your GED and Associates degree?
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Are you a United States Citizen?----Disregard I see you answered that
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

United states citizen.
        GED by state of Michigan and associate degree by Algonquin college in Ottawa, Canada.

Comment

Well obviously SDPD does not consider you qualified to be a member of their department.

Most likely you have something in your background that is holding you back.....................it would take a complete investigation to know the reason.
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
            Well obviously SDPD does not consider you qualified to be a member of their department.

Most likely you have something in your background that is holding you back.....................it would take a complete investigation to know the reason.
            Background investigation did not even start andwas suppose to start after poly, they sent DQ letter after reading my personal history statement and all the things disclosed are written in opening post.

Comment

I am just going to speculate that they are using your failure to register with Selective Service as a disqualifier. Irrespective of whether is was intentional, failure to register is still illegal and can serve as a basis for disqualification.

In reality, I suspect the true reason is that you've spent the majority of your life living outside the country. Doing a background under those circumstances is very difficult. SDPD doesn't have the personnel or financial resources to send someone on a globe trotting expedition. While local law enforcement in each country can be asked to perform the background on SDPD's behalf, it is unlikely it will be done to California POST or SDPD standards, nor is it likely to be completed in a timely manner. In addition, it will be necessary to pay to bring foreign investigating officers to the US to testify if disqualifying information is developed and the Background DQ is appealed.

In the long run its easier to find a quick and easy DQ factor on the applicant and move on to someone else.
              Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
                I am just going to speculate that they are using your failure to register with Selective Service as a disqualifier. Irrespective of whether is was intentional, failure to register is still illegal and can serve as a basis for disqualification.

In reality, I suspect the true reason is that you've spent the majority of your life living outside the country. Doing a background under those circumstances is very difficult. SDPD doesn't have the personnel or financial resources to send someone on a globe trotting expedition. While local law enforcement in each country can be asked to perform the background on SDPD's behalf, it is unlikely it will be done to California POST or SDPD standards, nor is it likely to be completed in a timely manner. In addition, it will be necessary to pay to bring foreign investigating officers to the US to testify if disqualifying information is developed and the Background DQ is appealed.

In the long run its easier to find a quick and easy DQ factor on the applicant and move on to someone else.
                Although harsh, this seems like a very real possibility and I appreciate you opening my eyes to the harsh realities of hiring process. In your honest opinion, do you think that I stand a chance to be hired somewhere in California? I am looking at SDSD and CHP and maybe even Sacramento PD.

Comment

I share my colleague's lack of optimism concerning your prospects. IMHO, the problems noted would apply to CHP or virtually any agency to which you applied. They would also apply to the Agency from which I'm retired (Alabama).

Comment

Originally posted by Usman_ash14 View Post
                    Although harsh, this seems like a very real possibility and I appreciate you opening my eyes to the harsh realities of hiring process. In your honest opinion, do you think that I stand a chance to be hired somewhere in California? I am looking at SDSD and CHP and maybe even Sacramento PD.
                    Unfortunately you are going to find that the world is harsh.

I tend to agree with L-1 that your chances are somewhere between slim and none. California has some VERY strict rules on how backgrounds are to be conducted .....(unlike most other states)..............and that places some restrictions on the agency as to how much $$$$$ they are willing to shell out to complete an investigation.

Competition as it is (extremely competitive job title) there are simply more than adequate numbers of EASILY completed BI's out there so why would the agency spend big bucks on you.

Also understand the there are a large percentage of candidates that get washed out in the Background phase. That makes it even more cost effective to NOT spend an inordinate amount on you.

Realities of life in Law Enforcement

Comment

My colleagues have given you a more eloquent answer than I; we would straight up outright dismiss an out of country applicant. Quite simply (and brutally honestly) you are not worth the hassle.

Comment

The strange thing though is that I had done a PIQ after PAT and after going through PIQ, BI would have found out that I had lived my entire life outside US. They still passed me on PIQ, assigned me a BI, asked me to get a GED from US. Once I got GED, BI asked me to submit PHS, and after going through phs, I was emailed stating that I'd soon be getting a call to schedule a BI interview/poly. Instead of the call I have DQ letter in mail, my question is that if they never intended to hire me then why pass me on PIQ and waste their time/resources on me?

Comment

Your question is better asked of the Agency which DQ'd or non selected you. However, that agency is very unlikely to give you a reason for your inability to move forward in the process. All of that leads to the replies which we have given you as a forum.

My "sense" is that the reasons suggested to you are 100% on the mark. I can't confirm that, I'm not interested in confirming that, but I'd bet the ranch that my colleagues have very accurately hit on the reason(s) you bombed.

Comment

I just got off the phone with Austin Police department and I discussed the issues raised on this thread. Recruiting Sergeant assured me that this will not be an issue and they will be able to conduct my background, all they care about is whether you are a US citizen or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Usman_ash14 View Post
                              I just got off the phone with Austin Police department and I discussed the issues raised on this thread. Recruiting Sergeant assured me that this will not be an issue and they will be able to conduct my background, all they care about is whether you are a US citizen or not.
                              Then apply with them

It WOULD be an issue with my agency, PhilipCal's agency, just joe's agency and obviously L-1's agency

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4208 users online. 260 members and 3948 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X