300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this absolutely disqualify me?

Hello and Thankyou for taking the time to answer my question. When I was 14 I suffered from an eating disorder(anorexia). I ultimately went into a hospital for 2 weeks voluntarily and released for outpatient treatment. I went to a psychiatrist for about 6-8 months afterwards and then was taken off medication. I am 23 now and haven't seen as much as a counselor for anything mental health related. I have had stab ability for 7 years and think I am cured although many may disagree(apparently mental health issues never get cured) my question is will this totally prevent me from law enforcement? It is my absolute positive dream to work my way up to a fed agency but i feel my record will ruin that. Any help is appreciated. Also I have no drug(never did any),criminal,or even driving record.

I don't see an eating disorder as a teenager being a bar to employment. In all likelihood you will take a psych eval prior to being hired at an agency and, if the head doc says you are good to go, you are good to go. Were I you, I would not let my background prevent me from applying for jobs.
    Last edited by just joe; 09-21-2014, 11:00 PM.

Comment

I would not let it sway your decision in attempts to gain employment. Ultimately no one can answer that question until you go for your psychological test/evaluation for an agency. It will be up to them and their personnel to determine that. I know it doesn't answer your question but there is no sense worrying about it until that time comes.

Comment

I'd like to hear more about this stab ability.... is that like a super power?

Comment

Based on the information in your post, I would suggest you apply to any agency which interests you. As a part of the hiring process, your pyschological fitness will be evaluated.

Comment

Haha YA man...found out I had it at 15 GONNA go fight crime

Originally posted by PSUMedic View Post

Comment

Originally posted by PSUMedic View Post
              And you DO know they'll give you a gun, right?

Comment

What the hell is 'stab ability?'
                I agree w/ Phil, you will be evaluated. Given your young age when you were diagnosed and the fact that you have it under control, I'd start applying.
                Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

Unsolicited PMs aren't opened and are deleted.
                  Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4424 users online. 257 members and 4167 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X