300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks everyone! - Psych Stage

Hey everyone, I have been lurking for some time now and I wanted to say thanks! You have helped me along with the process and finally got my conditional job offer and onto the medical physical today! I also have my psych written exam next Thursday and then the Thursday after that I have the psych oral exam. They are trying to move this process along as they told me they want to send me to the academy in Alameda on October 13th. If everything goes well that is.

I have done a little research on the MMPI and from what I gathered it is pretty much just tell the truth. The exam is designated to find out if you are lying, or trying to sugar coat yourself. Is this correct? If so, there is really no tips I may request and just wish that I am fit for their department! I read that there is really no pass or fail and rather it is a personality test if you will. Anyways, I will keep you guys posted and thanks again! :]

Be honest and you have nothing to worry about. Good luck

Comment

So my lab test results posted online and I checked them. I guess I might be prediabetic. I am following up with my personal doctor to do more tests. Supposedly I just might have to watch my sugar and carb intake as I am higher risk of getting diabetes. Will this hurt me in the process? I still have my psych scheduled for tomorrow and I assume they would have canceled it if I was DQed as why pay for another test for me if I already DQed? Thoughts?
      Last edited by Mhayes; 09-24-2014, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mhayes View Post
        So my lab test results posted online and I checked them. I guess I might be prediabetic. I am following up with my personal doctor to do more tests. Supposedly I just might have to watch my sugar and carb intake as I am higher risk of getting diabetes. Will this hurt me in the process? I still have my psych scheduled for tomorrow and I assume they would have canceled it if I was DQed as why pay for another test for me if I already DQed? Thoughts?
        Depends on your agency but I doubt you'd be DQed because of it.

Comment

Originally posted by tj05 View Post
          Depends on your agency but I doubt you'd be DQed because of it.
          Sounds good. What happens, happens. It's out of my control so no point worrying over it ^_^ I will keep everyone updated on my progress!

Comment

Good news! I officially start on the 7th and leave for the academy on the 13th!

Comment

Good luck to you the academy is "fun".

Comment

Originally posted by Mhayes View Post
                Good news! I officially start on the 7th and leave for the academy on the 13th!
                Alameda academy? What agency are you with?

Comment

Sorry I haven't been on in a while. Modesto PD. Just got a taste of OC, CS, and CN today. Woo that was fun.... lol. Graduate April 27th.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5614 users online. 329 members and 5285 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X