Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vague Polygraph Questions

. Passed! Post closed!
    Last edited by senrab2000us; 09-17-2014, 11:01 AM.

You get plenty of opportunity to clarify questions with the examiner before the test. They give you all of the questions, and you give them the answers, all before you get "hooked up." If you have questions, you just need to ask them prior to getting on the box. Obviously not every question you answer in the background packet will be on the actual exam, but you will go over all of them.

As for the question about moving citations in the last five years, there's no ambiguity there. That's a very specific question with one simple answer: whatever the truth is. If you've had four in the last five years, the answer is four. If you at the age of 18 was more than five years ago, those are irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by senrab2000us View Post
      For instance "Have you ever driven under the influence of alcohol, when was the last time". In my opinion, "under the influence" is any time you have a drop of alcohol in your system.
      Not even close. Being under the influence is not being intoxicated. It is drinking to the point that the alcohol effects your judgment and motor-skills.
      Under this meaning, that would mean every time I had a drink at a restaurant with dinner, then drove afterwards, I was driving under the influence. So I'm sure answering yes and just a couple days ago will disqualify me.
      Yep, you'd probably get a dq for answering what your skewed perception of reality tells you is actually the truth.

Last edited by slamdunc; 09-15-2014, 05:44 AM.
      “Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

Comment

"Have you ever driven under the influence of alcohol, when was the last time". In my opinion, "under the influence" is any time you have a drop of alcohol in your system.
        Answer the question truthfully. If that is what you BELIEVE---------answer the question in that manner.

Another is how many moving citations have you received in the last 5 years? Honestly, I've received a total of 4 (all when I was 18 and 19 and going to college) but don't know how many I got when I was 18 (which wouldn't matter, since it's more than 5 yrs ago) vs when I was 19.
        Answer ONLY the questions that are asked.
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Taking a polygraph for a agency on Tuesday. In the background questionnaire, there was a few vague questions that could open the door to uncertainty. While I plan on asking the polygrapher for clarification, I was wondering to get some others take on it.
          For instance "Have you ever driven under the influence of alcohol, when was the last time". In my opinion, "under the influence" is any time you have a drop of alcohol in your system. Intoxication is a bit different. Under this meaning, that would mean every time I had a drink at a restaurant with dinner, then drove afterwards, I was driving under the influence. So I'm sure answering yes and just a couple days ago will

disqualify me.
          Another is how many moving citations have you received in the last 5 years? Honestly, I've received a total of 4 (all when I was 18 and 19 and going to college) but don't know how many I got when I was 18 (which wouldn't matter, since it's more than 5 yrs ago) vs when I was 19.

In a properly administered Polygraph exam, the Examiner will go over each question he/she proposes to ask you. This is your opportunity to explain any reply which might cause a reaction from the Polygraph. Don't hesitate to take advantage of this opportunity.

It's also very possible to over think the exam, and you're tending to do that. You over think questions, real or imagined, to your very real detriment. Once more, in the pre-exam phase simply answer and explain each question you're asked, and do so truthfully.

Comment

Thanks guys for all your answers! Took it today, talked with the polygrapher beforehand and clarified everything. Only was asked 2 control questions and 3 relevant ones about the background/application/history. But every time I was asked a relevant one, I felt my heart rate accelerate and breathing slow alittle! Especially on the first serious question, which was always if I intended to be truthful on the poly. (of course, I'm thinking well yeah, I hope I didn't leave anything out!) I couldn't help it, because they're serious questions and of course the poly is a big deal. The other 2 questions were about drug use, and then serious crimes. I definitely answered with the truth each time, but still felt my heart racing compared to the stupid questions, like is your name ____. At the end, he asked if there was a particular question that was bothering me and I said no. I did see some spikes (like 1 on each round) on the paper that printed out from the computer. Those are what I was concerned about. Has anyone had this happen before, and passed/failed?

Comment

Those are what I was concerned about. Has anyone had this happen before, and passed/failed?
              Yep

There WILL BE spikes on the graph.................

EVERYONE is nervous after a polygraph.................relax and see what happens
              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6197 users online. 324 members and 5873 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X