Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying Elsewhere

Hello everyone,

I have a question that I'm having a bit of trouble finding the answer to amid the pool of items that come up in a search. My file has recently been sent up to the Baltimore City Police Department's hiring board (3 weeks ago tomorrow). I don't really want to hedge my bets on this one department, even though I'd absolutely kill to work for them, and my current employer wanted me to limit all aspects of an application process to one at a time. As I'm just waiting on a phone call, my employer has given me the go ahead to apply to additional departments

Am I supposed to keep Baltimore updated on anywhere else I might apply as of right now, even though the file has been sent up for hiring review? I ask this question because it is my understanding that the reasoning behind keeping your BI updated on these other agencies is to keep your background up to date, but my background is now finished.

Also, is it in poor taste to apply to other departments in the mean time, or should I wait until I receive the final yes or no? That's what I've been doing, but I'm getting the vibe from the rest of this area of the forum that relying upon a single agency at a time is a poor strategy for getting hired.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Seraphym; 09-10-2014, 01:03 PM.

If BPD asked if you had applied to any other agencies while you were in their hiring process-----------I would notify your BI of the new application.

If it wasn't brought up during the process ------I wouldn't bother
    My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
      If BPD asked if you had applied to any other agencies while you were in their hiring process-----------I would notify your BI of the new application.

If it wasn't brought up during the process ------I wouldn't bother
      Thank you very much for the reply sir. They did ask during the hiring process. I think I will just hold off until I've got confirmation one way or another. The academy that they are targeting is coming up next month, so I don't think the wait will be too much longer before their trainee selects will hear the results. Admins can probably go ahead and close this, unless they think it is of use to other applicants.

Comment

It won't hurt to begin the process elsewhere. It's YOUR life, not theirs.

Comment

Originally posted by Seraphym View Post
          Admins can probably go ahead and close this, unless they think it is of use to other applicants.
          On this forum threads do not get closed-------------------
          My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I see you live in Wisconsin? Why Baltimore City? There are so many folks leaving there, we just hired 4 folks who did like 2 - 5 years and bolted.
            The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
            that we are all that stands between
            the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
              It won't hurt to begin the process elsewhere. It's YOUR life, not theirs.
              Keep applying the process takes so long and you can be cut at anytime, its best to have backup plans.

Comment

Originally posted by jchughes05 View Post
                I see you live in Wisconsin? Why Baltimore City? There are so many folks leaving there, we just hired 4 folks who did like 2 - 5 years and bolted.
                Your agency is far from alone in that. I'm not originally from Wisconsin, it's just where I am presently living. My friends and relatives all reside in the Harrisburg area, Baltimore would effectively send me back "home" as it were. As for why Baltimore City out of most of the other departments in the area, it's really about opportunity. They need officers, I need to get my foot in the door somewhere.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2253 users online. 114 members and 2139 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X