Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

should I shave my beard for a physical agility?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should I shave my beard for a physical agility?

I obviously would for oral board etc... but what about the run?

I would.

The entire process up until you retire is about being professional.

But hey, that's just my opinion.

Comment

Ya I figured. Ill hack it off

Comment

Eyes are on you every step of the way. You are creating an impression at every step of the hiring process so I would say shave it off.. Not having a beard WILL NEVER be an issue.
        In God We Trust
        Everyone else we run local and NCIC

Comment

A few days ago a guy came in to drop off an application at our department. My the Chief was standing in dispatch and saw the guy. Guy was wearing sagging athletic shorts and a tshirt. Granted all he was doing was turning in an application but Chief said right then that he wasn't going to hire someone who didn't respect the department enough to at least pull up his pants before walking in.

EVERYTHING you do during the application process is watched. I got the see the notes that were taken on my physical test form after I got hired. Pretty interesting, they made notes about me volunteering to go first for the 300 yard run. Also noted that I encouraged other applicants during the 1.5 mile run and had a good attitude.

You are applying against a lot of people and it may come down something as small as the impression your beard left.

Comment

Originally posted by okgr2056 View Post
            A few days ago a guy came in to drop off an application at our department. My the Chief was standing in dispatch and saw the guy. Guy was wearing sagging athletic shorts and a tshirt. Granted all he was doing was turning in an application but Chief said right then that he wasn't going to hire someone who didn't respect the department enough to at least pull up his pants before walking in.

EVERYTHING you do during the application process is watched. I got the see the notes that were taken on my physical test form after I got hired. Pretty interesting, they made notes about me volunteering to go first for the 300 yard run. Also noted that I encouraged other applicants during the 1.5 mile run and had a good attitude.

You are applying against a lot of people and it may come down something as small as the impression your beard left.
            ^^ exactly
            sigpic

"When a police officer is killed, it's not an agency that loses an officer, it's an entire nation." -Chris Cosgriff, ODMP Founder

http://www.odmp.org/

Comment

Guy was wearing sagging athletic shorts and a tshirt. Granted all he was doing was turning in an application but Chief said right then that he wasn't going to hire someone who didn't respect the department enough to at least pull up his pants before walking in.

Don't be that guy!
              sigpic

"When a police officer is killed, it's not an agency that loses an officer, it's an entire nation." -Chris Cosgriff, ODMP Founder

http://www.odmp.org/

Comment

Originally posted by backpacker7 View Post
                I obviously would for oral board etc... but what about the run?
                Shave and I'd wear a suit to it initially and bring a change of clothes to run with. Go beyond expectations

Comment

Definitely shave. Also, consider tucking your athletic shirt into your shorts as is common procedure in the military and every police academy I've ever seen. Look as uniform as possible.

Comment

backpacker,, something that I heard when I tested for San Diego PD by one of the officers monitoring the test. A person is always being looked at during all stages of the application process. Opinions about your are made from minute 1 of the process so might as well present your best as soon as possible.
                    GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

"For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

Comment

Originally posted by GIOSTORMUSNRET View Post
                      backpacker,, something that I heard when I tested for San Diego PD by one of the officers monitoring the test. A person is always being looked at during all stages of the application process. Opinions about your are made from minute 1 of the process so might as well present your best as soon as possible.
                      Remember-------------------video cameras are everywhere today
                      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Shave your nads as well. It will help with your run time.
                        Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by HI629 View Post
                          Shave your nads as well. It will help with your run time.
                          Unless you chaff easily------------
                          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4630 users online. 306 members and 4324 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X