300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to Do During Your Background Investigation

I have applied to the El Cajon PD, and have passed the pat and written test, multiple interviews, and the polygraph. I have been in the background investigation phase for about two weeks. I know the process takes a while, so I shouldn't be expecting to be notified one way or the other just yet. I have been checking with my references just to make sure any correspondence with my BI doesn't get lost in anyone's inbox. I also went on a ride along with the department, which was awesome. As of right now, I am playing the waiting game. I want to make sure I show initiative, but I don't want to be a pest for my investigator. I was thinking of scheduling another ride along, perhaps on a different shift, to get a more well rounded view of the department. Should I be calling my investigator to see if he needs anything from my end, or would that be bothersome? If one of my references just drops the ball on me, would that be a problem? Thanks upfront for any advice.

No. They will contact you. Don't be "That Guy" and bug them. They'll get everything they need.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

The ball is NOT in your court at this time. THEREFORE it is best that you NOT try to make a play on the ball.

Or to use another analogy "The squeaky wheel get the grease."-------------And the Investigator might just grease your application farther back on the pile he is trying to complete.
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Just leave it alone.

Comment

At this point in the process, and DO try to absorb this, leave your investigator alone!! You're not the only active file on his/her plate. If the BI is doing these checks as a "collateral duty" he has even less time to fool with you.

Comment

I guess the answer is pretty clear. Thanks for the replies everyone.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6025 users online. 356 members and 5669 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X