300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Conflict Between Military and Law Enforcement Interview Schedule

Based on the oral interview date posted online, it will take place in third week of this month. However, that's the time that our unit will have a field training for a week. So I asked my platoon sergeant if I can get a free day during that week for a job interview, but he basically told me that you're still in the military so get over it. So what can I do at this point? Is it possible that a civilian police agency will schedule my oral interview outside the date posted online?

Originally posted by career31905 View Post
    o what can I do at this point? Is it possible that a civilian police agency will schedule my oral interview outside the date posted online?
    It's possible.

But, I will enlighten you to a fact that will "dog" you through out your career (either military or Law Enforcement)

There are going to be times when you have to make a career decision and the possibilities are there that NEITHER choice is going to be what you really want to do. When that happens, you are going to have to make a choice that works best for you even if you aren't happy about it.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

^^^this^^^
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

I wouldn't miss Field Training, that could hurt your military career. There will always be PDs and SOs hiring military vets. So if you have to miss an interview, you have to miss an interview. Don't destroy one career without knowing if you'll definitely have a 2nd one as a backup.
        The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
        that we are all that stands between
        the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Some departments are very accommodating. The only way to know for sure is to ask. Either way, it sounds like there is no way to miss the field training.
          "Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned."

Comment

Take it up with your 1SG or Commander. If you are in a good Unit, then they are usually all for it, especially with the downsizing of the force.

Comment

You don't miss a drill due to downsizing. Where did you come up with that?
              Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5726 users online. 313 members and 5413 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Yesterday.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X