Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I mess up my oral board?

Hello Officers, ect.

Recently I went through and Oral Board/Interview with a local department I have been trying to get on since June.. It was the fastest interview ever... Probably 10 or 15 mins, I felt like I answered most of the question really well and showed a lot of professionalism... I am very nervous about my last question I answered. The question was "What is one thing in society that you want to change or something that you wish was different?" I could tell from the paper they were reading questions off that they were running out of questions. So I chose to try and make this question as honest and personal as possible... I answered saying that "I wish more people in society would be able to use alcohol responsibly," I stated "I know first hand how fast abusing alcohol can affect an individual's, My sister has had 2 DUI's and it has really been a negative experience on her life. that I am happy to say she has turned around since then but definitely a learning experience." That was the last question they asked.... I heard recently that an individual was trying to get on at a department and was plucked from the hiring process for being "Guilty by Association". Am I just thinking too hard about this? Or should I be worried?

Your sister's driving record doesn't have anything to do with your hiring process. Not being familiar with their process, a 10 or 15 minute interview around here is bad news.
    Last edited by just joe; 09-01-2014, 01:01 AM.

Comment

You are thinking too hard. The answer was fine. GBA is more along the lines of "I wasn't arrested, just detained when my friends were smoking meth in my car as I held their weed for them"
      Originally posted by Ceridwen
      Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't get DQed for the way you answered that last question. Your just freaking out what done is done, in the mean time apply to other places and do other things to get your mind off of it.

Comment

The only people who can definitively tell you how did on an Oral Board is the board itself. Suppose all of us told you that you'd done fine, and the agency then notified you that you'd failed.

It's very natural to go through the "thoughts" you're currently experiencing. That said, you won't know until the agency notifies you officially, one way or the other.

Comment

Thanks! I know some of the others that had interviews the same day and theirs were short as well... All I can do now is keep my head up. Thanks for advice!

Comment

Your answer seemed fine to me. It's not like you said, "I wish people could have a couple of drinks during oral boards to ease their minds". Then again, maybe you would've gotten a laugh or two out of them...who knows. Anyways, your answer seemed OK to me even though I'm not on the oral board.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3903 users online. 180 members and 3723 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X