300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAPD & Expedited Testing Process

I just received an email giving me the opportunity to participate in the LAPD Expedited Testing Process after I submitted my PBA. Before I received the email I had decided to postpone my application because I'm not sure if my lack of employment experience would cause issues during the recruitment. I recently graduated from university and didn't work at all through it besides a 6 month internship offered through my major. After receiving the email i'm second-guessing postponing, since it states that the expedited process is only offered to highly qualified applicants. I'm aware that the process is also commonly offered to applicants who do not live in the LA area, but that does not apply to me.

What I'm asking is whether my lack of employment history really that big of an issue, or would I be fine with my other qualifications going through the process? I have a degree in Criminal Justice and have full confidence in passing the background check process and PAT.

I want to make sure I understand this correctly.

You applied, but after applying decided that YOU thought that your lack of job history would be a stumbling block.

THEY sent you a letter to participate in expedited testing.

YOU are still wondering if you should go forward or if your employment history would hurt you.

Get my point?

Comment

Originally posted by Shush View Post

You applied, but after applying decided that YOU thought that your lack of job history would be a stumbling block.

YOU are still wondering if you should go forward or if your employment history would hurt you.

Get my point?
      lol
      NYC Corrections Exam: 2322
      Academy: March 2015 (Got the call!!) NYCDOC

Comment

Get my point?
        I've already decided on going forward with the expedited process. I'm more so just curious if my uncertainty about my lack of employment history is warranted and if any other applicants had ran into any issues in their recruitment process relating to their employment history.

Comment

Originally posted by 102272701 View Post
          I've already decided on going forward with the expedited process. I'm more so just curious if my uncertainty about my lack of employment history is warranted and if any other applicants had ran into any issues in their recruitment process relating to their employment history.
          Ok, so you don't get what I am saying. LOL

YOU have uncertainties.
          THEY are the ones doing the hiring.

Unless you are hiring yourself, then let them be the ones to decide about your lack of employment history. Don't shoot yourself in your own foot (figuratively or literally). Some agencies see the college and understand the lack of employment, and accept that because they are going to be investing a lot of time and money to train you their way. They don't want to "un-do" what other jobs may have done. I was uncertain if I would be a candidate because I am pretty short. I could have worried about it, but instead - I let them tell ME if it was a problem or not, because THEY do the hiring, not me.

Comment

Ok, so you don't get what I am saying. LOL

YOU have uncertainties.
            THEY are the ones doing the hiring.

Unless you are hiring yourself, then let them be the ones to decide about your lack of employment history. Don't shoot yourself in your own foot (figuratively or literally). Some agencies see the college and understand the lack of employment, and accept that because they are going to be investing a lot of time and money to train you their way. They don't want to "un-do" what other jobs may have done. I was uncertain if I would be a candidate because I am pretty short. I could have worried about it, but instead - I let them tell ME if it was a problem or not, because THEY do the hiring, not me.

I understand now, thanks.

Comment

No problem. Good luck!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4934 users online. 280 members and 4654 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X