Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank You....

Hello all,

This is my first post on the site but I've been a viewer for awhile. I stumbled upon the site 4 years ago after being DQ'd from the process because of poor work history. I was mad at everyone except myself for being DQ'd. Long story short, this site humbled me QUICKLY. Found a steady job that I've been at since, got myself together and now....4 years later...I just received my final offer letter. Orientation is next Monday and the academy starts on the 25th. Just wanted to thank everyone here answered questions. I thought I was ready for this field 4 years ago but looking back on it I wasn't. I was young (22 yrs old) and wasn't mentally prepared for it. The DQ was a blessing and it lead me to this site. I don't think I would have made it through this process without this site....everyone here provided a wealth of information for me. You guys (and gals) clock in for 10+ hour days then get on here and help hopefuls like myself get a foot in the door. I'm grateful to have the opportunity to earn the title you guys have. Just wanted to thank everyone here for helping me get to this point....much appreciated!!!

It nice to see that you have grown since your DQ. As you stated, many people blame everyone except themselves for their actions/maturity level. Sometimes it just takes time to stabilize and realize what you really want and to stay dedicated.

I wish you the best of luck in your new career. Congratulations and stay safe!

Comment

Good luck in your new job-------------------------remember what you learned here

You have 2 EYES , 2 EARS and ONLY 1 Mouth for a reason..............Watch and listen TWICE as much as you talk while in training and all will be well.
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Godd luck on the job!!! Hopefully, you'll be posting soon (wait until after the Academy) with good advice for those looking for a career in law enforcement.

Comment

Congrats and good luck.

Comment

Thanks everyone! I didn't want to single anyone out but....since you commented...I've really appreciated your words over the years Iowa. Your gold badge pic was one of the first things I would look for on a post I was reading. Straight to the point answers, great info. Thanks Sir

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6808 users online. 366 members and 6442 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X