300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test ranking thoughts

Just saw the results of the recent civil service test I took for the city of Fort Worth. I cut an 89,and ranked 178. The list is good for six months, but I'm curious as to if I'm just holding my breath, or if anyone has any advice on what the chances are that they'll roll that far down the list.

Thanks

Originally posted by Highorder View Post
    Just saw the results of the recent civil service test I took for the city of Fort Worth. I cut an 89,and ranked 178. The list is good for six months, but I'm curious as to if I'm just holding my breath, or if anyone has any advice on what the chances are that they'll roll that far down the list.

Thanks

Essentially, it's a " numbers game" Let's suppose the agency was going to hire 200 new Officers, at # 178, you'd be in pretty good shape. OTH, and this is far more realistic, let's suppose that only fifty new hires are budgeted for. Your standing on the Register (178) is probably not going to make you reachable.

If the Register (list) is only good for six months, then, in all probability, you'll have to re-test. While an "89" is passing, and not really a bad score, it 's really imperative that you score in the mid to high nineties on any Civil Service exam to emerge as a competitive and hire able applicant.

Comment

I knew how the ranking of it all worked in comparison to the numbers, I just wasn't sure how what the average attrition of candidates is before they finally get their selected amount to start an Academy with. I believe we were taking on two classes of 40 this year, so I didn't know if I could expect a chance of that many other people having something disqualifying. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Highorder View Post
        I knew how the ranking of it all worked in comparison to the numbers, I just wasn't sure how what the average attrition of candidates is before they finally get their selected amount to start an Academy with. I believe we were taking on two classes of 40 this year, so I didn't know if I could expect a chance of that many other people having something disqualifying. Thank you
        If you want a the attrition of a specific agency................I would find the state specific section of this forum and place your question there
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Excellent advice. Thank you.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4429 users online. 248 members and 4181 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X