300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview Suit

Going for interview and testing next week with my very hopeful department. My question is would it be inappropriate to where a small pin on the suit? Its a gold ATF badge with the twin towers, it was giving to those of us that had direct dealings that day. Thanks

No. Don't wear it unless you are ATF and want to explain why you wore it and want to leave Federal service.

Comment

Clarify "direct dealings". It was given to you by whom? Is it supposed to be a conversation starter? Are you trying to show an affiliation? Is it a lucky charm? Is it something the interviewer(s) will even notice? Are you prepared to explain, in detail, where you obtained the pin without any embarrassment?

Wear are you planning to where it on your suit (sp)?

Last edited by slamdunc; 08-06-2014, 08:56 PM.
      “Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

Comment

No. Even if you have a legitimate reason for wearing it, too many others come in wearing all kinds of pins for groups, events and alphabet soup agencies they've never been involved in. Wearing it won't help, but it could hurt. Any experience you've got with the ATF or 9/11 will have ample opportunity to come out during the interview.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan571 View Post
          No. Even if you have a legitimate reason for wearing it, too many others come in wearing all kinds of pins for groups, events and alphabet soup agencies they've never been involved in. Wearing it won't help, but it could hurt. Any experience you've got with the ATF or 9/11 will have ample opportunity to come out during the interview.
          Ditto
          My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Thank you, solid advise.

Comment

Just to add to the chorus. I agree totally with my colleagues. Best of luck in your interview.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3776 users online. 267 members and 3509 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X