300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal History Statement

I have tried contacting the department I am applying for by email and phone and neither has been returned. I am working an internship with another department and a full time student so it's not easy for me to make my way to the station during hours that recruitment is there. I have my testing scheduled for early next week and need to bring a completed PHS with me, but I'm having some issues with it.

My question is with their personal history it requires neighbors address,phone, and email for every address I've lived in. Prior to moving to my current residence I was in military barracks/housing or student housing where roommates are rotated out every 3 months or so. I have zero record of who lived around me while I was in the military or in student housing since I got a new roommate or neighbor every couple months/was deployed half my military career with no roommate or neighbors. What am I supposed to do about those addresses?

My second question is in regards to my biological father. I, nor anyone in my family, haven't seen or spoken to him in almost 10 years. I have no idea where he is living or if he is even still alive. I've searched facebook and apparently the address he lived at 10 years ago is sold to someone else now. Should I just put down his information and last known address?

Thank you for the help

Do the best you can.

If you don't know---------------you don't know (you can't squeeze blood from a turnip)

Give the agency the information you know-----------explain why you don't know the other stuff and move on.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
      Do the best you can.

If you don't know---------------you don't know (you can't squeeze blood from a turnip)

Give the agency the information you know-----------explain why you don't know the other stuff and move on.
      Ok, that's what I figured I would do. This PHS is much more in depth than the one I did for my current job, so it's been hell trying to track everything down. I just would hate to be DQed for not providing everything or for them thinking I'm trying to 'hide something'.

Thank you.

Comment

I would recommend keeping a copy for whenever you need this information again. It will come in handy.
        "Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned."

Comment

Any one here could give me a help.

I am in the process of cook county sheriff(chicago IL)

On my background package questions they are asking me if I have ever visit someone at jail. Which I have.
          Should I answer yes to the question. Would it get me disqualify ? Or will look bad on my side???

Comment

Originally posted by aliera View Post

On my background package questions they are asking me if I have ever visit someone at jail. Which I have.
            Should I answer yes to the question.
            If you feel you have to ask that question------------------you don't deserve to be hired.
            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

OK, now please understand this. If you were applying for self appointed status as a "Conservator of the Peace", none of this would apply. Accuracy in an SPH would not be an issue, as no SPH is required.

You would possibly be asked if you've ever visited the Bat Cave, tossed back a few cool ones with America's TIC (Turd in Chief), but replies are strictly voluntary.

In the real world though, truthfulness and accuracy are necessary, so do the very best you can.

Comment

"On my background package questions they are asking me if I have ever visit someone at jail. Which I have.
                Should I answer yes to the question. Would it get me disqualify ? Or will look bad on my side???"
                Seriously??? If they ask the question "Have you ever?" and you have........PUT IT DOWN!! Easy as that......

Comment

Should I answer yes to the question. Would it get me disqualify ? Or will look bad on my side???

Three words to remember when applying for a LE job..... Honesty, Honesty, Honesty. After you are on the job, please refer to the three words to remember.

Comment

So what you are asking is SHOULD I LIE?

How far do you think that will get you in a profession where a polygraph is part of the hiring process?
                    In God We Trust
                    Everyone else we run local and NCIC

Comment

Should I answer yes to the question.
                      Um... yeah.

Put down the pen and back away from the application.
                      "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5933 users online. 355 members and 5578 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X