300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah, yes...the Psych Test

Hello all, I'm in the final process of a department...and I just finished taking the Psych Test

150 started
    Only 45 took the Psych
    There are about 15 spots open

I dont get my results till the end of the week for a make or break. Psych was basic but I feel as one part cost me my chances. We had to take two vocab tests which were 10 minutes each. I finished the first, but the second? Only finished 50% of it. It was pretty difficult. I feel as if that killed my chances

I also said my biggest problem that I want to change of myself is to not trust everyone so quickly (ppl i just met) and that I am overly nice, I also said I'm not a family person. Meh I might have screwed up here

What do you guys think?

Basically we have no idea what type of test you are talking about NOR do we understand how it was/is scored

As far as your question about changing yourself...................it is going to depend on what the chief wants.............
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I don't think you did half as bad as you think you did. Perhaps you are over-thinking it.

Congratulate yourself on making it as far as you did. If you get a call, awesome! If not, it's like any sports game you can think of... you gave it your best shot and you didn't quit. Improve for the next season.

Comment

Okay, so basically it's just a crap shoot I see

Actually those vocabulary tests took me by surprise. I had no idea, nor ever heard of it. 2 10 minute vocabulary tests (half of the words I've never seen in my life), 1000 personality q's, and a quick 5-10 minute talk with the doctor

Originally posted by Caballero1508 View Post
        I don't think you did half as bad as you think you did. Perhaps you are over-thinking it.

Congratulate yourself on making it as far as you did. If you get a call, awesome! If not, it's like any sports game you can think of... you gave it your best shot and you didn't quit. Improve for the next season.
        Thanks I appreciate it!

Comment

Originally posted by MCR1 View Post
          Okay, so basically it's just a crap shoot I see

Actually those vocabulary tests took me by surprise. I had no idea, nor ever heard of it. 2 10 minute vocabulary tests (half of the words I've never seen in my life), 1000 personality q's, and a quick 5-10 minute talk with the doctor

vocabulary tests are a mainstay of LE hiring...................there is a reason for it.
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

The one point many of us here attempt to make is this. It really doesn't matter what we think, it matters what the agency you've applied to thinks. That said, I certainly don't blame you for asking, or perhaps seeking some reassurance, but keep that point in mind.

Vocabulary. Remember the teacher who constantly harped on the need for a good vocabulary? He/she was 100% correct. Fortunately, there is much you can do to improve your vocabulary. Reading is one of them. Try doing some crossword puzzles. There's all kinds of help out there. A good working vocabulary is an absolute must in this profession.

Comment

Well I've received my results, and unfortunately I didn't make it

Such is life. Better luck next time

Comment

Well I've received my results, and unfortunately I didn't make it

Such is life. Better luck next time
                Try and try again

Comment

So now you know what to work on. Go for it.
                  Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Thanks everyone

The disappointment is on a high level right now but if I give up now at such a young age it's loser mentality. The chief did tell me he wants to schedule me an interview within the next 3 months. He told me I won't be able to do the academy that is up soon, but told me that I did pass the requirements...just there were better candidates

Comment

That's a plus, not a minus. You may still get there.
                      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Thanks everyone

The disappointment is on a high level right now but if I give up now at such a young age it's loser mentality. The chief did tell me he wants to schedule me an interview within the next 3 months. He told me I won't be able to do the academy that is up soon, but told me that I did pass the requirements...just there were better candidates
                        Ok in that case you didn't fail anything

That is called a "non select" -----you were just not selected for this opening.

REMEMBER for every opening there are on average (in my area) 50-100 applicants SOOOOOOOOOOOOo there will be 49-99 disappointed people when the candidate is named.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                          Ok in that case you didn't fail anything

That is called a "non select" -----you were just not selected for this opening.

REMEMBER for every opening there are on average (in my area) 50-100 applicants SOOOOOOOOOOOOo there will be 49-99 disappointed people when the candidate is named.
                          True

What struck me is that this was for a Reserve Deputy Position. I feel as if I couldn't get hired for a volunteer position how the hell can I possibly expect to be hired for a full time position?

Comment

True

What struck me is that this was for a Reserve Deputy Position. I feel as if I couldn't get hired for a volunteer position how the hell can I possibly expect to be hired for a full time position?
                            You aren't understanding --------------------------------

#1. Most agencies hire reserves the same way they hire regular officers.............SAME standards

#2. You got non selected------------you just were not as qualified as somebody else..........that is not a ding on you, it just is competition.

It take MOST new officers between 2-5 yrs and 10-20 application processes to get hired

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                              You aren't understanding --------------------------------

#1. Most agencies hire reserves the same way they hire regular officers.............SAME standards

#2. You got non selected------------you just were not as qualified as somebody else..........that is not a ding on you, it just is competition.

It take MOST new officers between 2-5 yrs and 10-20 application processes to get hired
                              Thanks. I appreciate it completely

The chief is scheduling me an interview within 3 months from the same department. I don't know exactly what it's for...maybe to give me a spot for the next class, or I'm not sure exactly

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5247 users online. 298 members and 4949 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X