Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jdthor
    replied
    Some questions you will get have no right answer ,Some will have no wrong answer.Again they want to see how you will handle it yourself.Your personal morals and actions sometimes are the best answer either way.You have to answer quickly same as how you will have to react to a situation.

Leave a comment:

• PhilipCal
    replied
    Here's what you do. Read, re-read, then, read once more what my colleague has advised you. Your Oral Board desired to hear from YOU. They have. Anything we do as an "after action", critique, etc is mere speculation. The board desires insight into your thought process, not ours

They will make their recommendations to hire or non-select you based on the answers your provided.

Leave a comment:

• pixul
    replied
    Yes, true.

Well, do you think I should have explained my answers a little more? Or do you think my answers were straight to the point and enough? :/

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    Originally posted by pixul View Post
    Hello, I had an interview today which I think I did decent. But there were two scenario questions that I think I may have answered too quickly. Can anyone give me their feedback on what their answers would have been and how the panel would have interpreted my answers? I would greatly appreciate it!

1. One of the officers in your department is on a pursuit and you hear your supervisor calling the pursuit off. One minute later, you see the officer still pursuing the car. What would you do?

Answer: I would tell the supervisor what I just saw.

2. You witness your FTO using what you would consider excessive force. You think the suspect would probably not file a complaint. What would you do?

Answer: I would ask my FTO politely why he did what he did and what justified using "excessive force." I would then report it to my supervisor and see from there.
    Scenario questions in interviews are based on the panel wanting to know what YOU THE CANDIDATE would do. Most of the time those TYPES of questions are designed to elicit a response from the candidate to see what their thought processes are like.

Having an experienced officer tell yo what THEY would do is useless since WE are not interviewing for the position.

Leave a comment:

• pixul
    started a topic Interview Scenario Question - Help!

Interview Scenario Question - Help!

Hello, I had an interview today which I think I did decent. But there were two scenario questions that I think I may have answered too quickly. Can anyone give me their feedback on what their answers would have been and how the panel would have interpreted my answers? I would greatly appreciate it!

1. One of the officers in your department is on a pursuit and you hear your supervisor calling the pursuit off. One minute later, you see the officer still pursuing the car. What would you do?

Answer: I would tell the supervisor what I just saw.

2. You witness your FTO using what you would consider excessive force. You think the suspect would probably not file a complaint. What would you do?

Answer: I would ask my FTO politely why he did what he did and what justified using "excessive force." I would then report it to my supervisor and see from there.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4989 users online. 325 members and 4664 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X