Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did something so little kill my chances?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did something so little kill my chances?

Hello all first I would like to thank everybody here for what they do helping prospective officers like myself.

When I was 15 years old I was offered marijuana at my high school. I purchased the marijuana and then immediately turned it in to my school resource officer. So here I am thinking I was helping clean up my high school and then the SRO ends up arresting me for possession. Again this was when I was 15 years old. I am 18 years old now and have since joined my state police agency's explorer program.

I applied with my county sheriffs department to be a jail deputy. However I was denied after background. I told the background investigator about this incident of course but I also mentioned a time when I was 13 years old and I was dared by a friend to have my dog lick peanut butter off my genitals. I mentioned this because I'm pretty sure it's some type of animal cruelty crime and I didn't want anything to come up during my polygraph.

So are my chances of being a police officer totally gone? I joined the explorer program and I've never had any other crimes. I've only been in trouble once as an explorer but it was a minor thing. I wore my explorer uniform into a gas station to get a free drink. I know it was stupid and I was required to write a memo about it.

It is my life long dream to be a police officer just like many others here. I even purchased a white ford crown victoria as my first vehicle so I can get use to the handling and have a leg up during the academy.

Any comments to help me out would be greatly appreciated.

I don't think that those three mistakes will stop you from being a cop just make sure you own up to them in the background process. I also think that any good department will want some time between those mistakes and when you are hired so give it two to three years without any more mistakes and you should be fine. If I were you I would get my BA/BS or join the military to past the time and get something done that will look good when you apply to a department. Good luck.

Comment

The dog thing is weird.

Comment

Was is it your dog? Because if it wasn't YOUR dog, it would be considered cheating. freak.

Comment

Maybe I'm missing something here----you're 18. At 15 you buy weed to "save" your school from the scourge of marijuana & at 13 (5yrs ago) you engage in beastiality & wonder why you're not getting hired? Let's look at it another way----WHY SHOULD you be hired?

Comment

Was the dog male or female?

Comment

Did something so little kill my chances?
              when I was 13 years old and I was dared by a friend to have my dog lick peanut butter off my genitals.

BWAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

This small Baptist church in the bible belt was having an exceptionally charged service one Sunday morning. The theme of the preacher's message was "Tell it all".

"Tell it all" said the preacher, "You'll feel better".

One man stood up and started confessing, "I have a gambling problem. My wife wears raggedy clothes, my kids don't have decent shoes and my house is run down all because of my gambling".

"Tell it all" said the preacher.

Another woman stood up and said, "My husband is gone all the time and when he's home, he's either busy or sleeping. I have my needs and have been having an affair with the neighbor".

Tell it all" said the preacher, "you'll feel better".

Caught up in the emotion a man stood up in the back of the church.

"Tell it all", said the preacher.

The man said, "You all know my wife has been sick lately and, well, a man has his needs too. The other day I was out in the yard and I just couldn't help myself and I made love to a dog".

The congregation got quiet and the preacher looked at him and said, "Brother, I don't think I would have told THAT!"

Comment

The Crown Vic thing reeks of squirreliness.
                The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                that we are all that stands between
                the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Each individual agency has their own criteria when it comes to drug usage based off type, frequency, and vintage. While you could probably chalk off smoking pot a few times as a kid to youth immaturity, the peanut butter thing- you do realize you likely will be given a psych exam?
                  Problems with a psych exam?
                  Have an upcoming
                  PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                  you make up your mind.
                  WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                  http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

Originally posted by Vista View Post
                    Each individual agency has their own criteria when it comes to drug usage based off type, frequency, and vintage. While you could probably chalk off smoking pot a few times as a kid to youth immaturity, the peanut butter thing- you do realize you likely will be given a psych exam?
                    The free drink thing..... Your a corruptability hazard too
                    Problems with a psych exam?
                    Have an upcoming
                    PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                    you make up your mind.
                    WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                    http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

Originally posted by jchughes05 View Post
                      The Crown Vic thing reeks of squirreliness.
                      If I was his B.I. I would check the trunk for a dead prostitute or an abducted dog.
                      Last edited by BNWS; 07-16-2014, 01:20 PM. Reason: expanded for hilarity

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtreich View Post
                        Hello all first I would like to thank everybody here for what they do helping prospective officers like myself.

When I was 15 years old I was offered marijuana at my high school. I purchased the marijuana and then immediately turned it in to my school resource officer. So here I am thinking I was helping clean up my high school and then the SRO ends up arresting me for possession. Again this was when I was 15 years old. I am 18 years old now and have since joined my state police agency's explorer program.

I applied with my county sheriffs department to be a jail deputy. However I was denied after background. I told the background investigator about this incident of course but I also mentioned a time when I was 13 years old and I was dared by a friend to have my dog lick peanut butter off my genitals. I mentioned this because I'm pretty sure it's some type of animal cruelty crime and I didn't want anything to come up during my polygraph.

So are my chances of being a police officer totally gone? I joined the explorer program and I've never had any other crimes. I've only been in trouble once as an explorer but it was a minor thing. I wore my explorer uniform into a gas station to get a free drink. I know it was stupid and I was required to write a memo about it.

It is my life long dream to be a police officer just like many others here. I even purchased a white ford crown victoria as my first vehicle so I can get use to the handling and have a leg up during the academy.

Any comments to help me out would be greatly appreciated.
                        Don't mind me, just saving this because no one else has.

Wow... just wow...
                        “You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” ― Winston Churchill

Comment

Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Holy crap! This thread really does exist!!!! All I'm going to say is if you DO get hired, be prepared to catch all kinds of hell.
                            I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Why do the words "pervert", "wanna be", "gratuities" come to mind - - - just for starters?
                              "Yes sir, I know you have rights."
                              "In fact, I know your rights better than you do!"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7717 users online. 233 members and 7484 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X